Being able to place turrets on top of the barrack's

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Spike, Jul 5, 2016.

?

Being able to place turrets on top of the barracks ?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Need moar barracks lolforts

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

In 2.7.0 you were able to place turrets on top of buildings i think the idea its self is great but the turrets didn't actually disappear when the building its self was destroyed so they ended up floating in midair. Perhaps it could be possible to place turrets on the barracks again but this time they actually disappear when the barracks is destroyed or maybe even fall down to the ground.

Please bring back barracks lolfort

2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

This idea sounded retarded at first but is actually a good one. As long as it wasn't easily exploitable.

Maybe just 2 "squares" on a building where turrets can be placed, like that jeep turret idea from ages ago. Would mean commanders can't go "lol 50 MGs on every rax"

A-z-K and VulcanStorm like this.
  3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Should be default on barracks and vf but without the base? current models plastered on top looks stupid and are too high

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

entities dont fall when something underneath them is destroyed. i think its an engine problem.
    having them disapear with the racks seems like a huge waste of resources

5. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I think they should be default, as buildings themselves should have some sort of defense with them to prevent them being such easy targets.

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

There was another thread about this where it was discussed but yeah. If you are going to have turrets on buildings have them as part of the building.
    but if you put them on top of buildings I think it is going to be too much. They sit really high and negate the natural lay of the land which is tactically important.

By allowing turrets to be raised above the height of a tank turret you basically negate 90% of defilade and that take stuff out of the game for people.
    Whilst I don't think that infantry should be able to walk easily around bases and through enemy buildings unhindered I think this will be a nerf too far for infantry & light armor movement if you can place turrerts on top of buildings.

Honestly the #1 use for this will quickly be to make forward turret farms in lanes and slow everything down.
    I would use this to make empires a turret defense game.

7. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Maybe just MG turrets then? Level 1's built in?

8. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Actually, I'm in favour of devos idea, 2 places on a building where you can build turrets.

It would make bases more interesting.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Pretty much - but I think they should be there by default.