be wall

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by complete_, Apr 7, 2014.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

I understand you guys lowered the starting height of the be wall in order to make it on-par with the nf wall, however, you lowered it too much. you are able to shoot much lower with the be wall compared to the nf wall
    heres a pic showing how low you can shoot against a be wall vs a nf wall
    [​IMG]
    fake edit: after this i found out you can slightly climb the be wall by walking against it which lets you shoot even lower than this

another side effect of this is that a fully built be wall is smaller than a nf one (a very upsetting thing i discovered while attempting to exploit)

solution:
    up the starting height of be wall by 1 or 2 units

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't know if the wall height actually got dropped. I was pushing for it because it seems that you can fire over unbuilt NF walls all the time, but not always BE walls, but I don't know if it actually got done. It still probably needs doing, which is pretty much the opposite of your suggestion.

I'm fairly confused right now.

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yeah it got dropped a good while ago. Its also a lot easier to fire over be than NF because you dont have all the wire in your face

4. Empty

Empty Member

Wire prevents people from seeing you though, it's a tradeoff.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

On that topic, can we get rid of the NF wire?
    Seriously, its right after emptyXparticles in the "my eyes are bleeding" department. They dont even server a practical purpose.

@up, the fuck it does. If its a lonely wall, expect someone behind it. If its a line, you either will know before, or have a camera in place already. Its useful like 5% of the time, while fucking with your aim and eyesight 100% of the time. Its one thing that i would not hold against someone to material hack away.

6. Empty

Empty Member

I find it easy to shoot through, occasionally it's a pain but I swear I've dealt a lot more lead through the wire than I've received.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

This. This this this.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You can see the tracers through it. Shooting anyone behind a wall is not very effective anyway.
    And its not like it matters anyway since anyone rushing a wall like a stupid deserves to get whats coming to him. Wire or not.