BE ironsights, a bit obstructive?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Chris0132', Dec 11, 2007.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Hey kids it's me again, back to complain about something else.

The BE ironsights are getting in my way when I shoot, the gun seems to take up a lot of the bottom of my view, compare this to the nice little crosshair you get on the NF AR, or the tiny but quite useable circle and line on the NF HR, it kinda puts me off playing as BE, because I can't fire the gun and see what's happening at the same time, which has lead to many embarrasing deaths.

You could fix it by giving the BE something similar to a reflex sight, after all they are supposed to have high-tech kit aren't they? If not, just sights more akin to the NF ones, further off the gun and less blocky/bulky.

Anyone else agree? Or am I being weird again?

2. GBH

GBH Member

i agree

3. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

whats a reflex sight

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

5. Scikar

Scikar Member

I could definitely get behind this.

6. Mjoelnir86

Mjoelnir86 Member

in my opinion ironsights are quite good.

i don't like the fact that not every weapon has an ironsight. If the weapon has an ironsight i don'T use it very often because it takes too long to get the weapon up and aim about it. Especially if you standing in prone stance and then won't to mount ironsight. In other games like Insurgency or Vietcong this was possible.

I takes very long to get in prone and some times you press the key nothing happens maybe may key is damage but in don't think this is the reason

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Sometimes you can't go prone in every area, because if you did you would end up going through objects, and that would be an exploit (I got killed so many times in testing from scouts who's gun was the only thing to show from behind a wall)

The ironsights used to be terrible, they took up the entire screen! While it is difficult to see, the bonuses to accuracy really make it worth it in many situations.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

The ironsights are far better now, they used to take up everything so you couldn't see left or right of you. I suggested a reflex sight aswell back then, but now it's not that necessary tbh

9. @BLOODy

@BLOODy Member

Brenodi rocket launcher, you guys seriously....plox?

Can't see shit captain :headshot:

10. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

The little side bits on the sights could do with being removed or something :)

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I've never minded. I mean it's kinda annoying but it's a feature in that way. It's like saying smoke grenades are kinda annoying. It's something new and although it does limit your view, that's one of the negatives of ironsight. I don't think it detracts from the gameplay or atmosphere

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

Aren't you the one who reported it in the bug tracker. :p

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

It's not the ironsights limit your view, it's that the BE ones are more obstructive than the NF ones.

I don't mind a bit of obstruction, but when it gives me a distinct advantage when I play as one side, I take issue with it.

If you're fighting from a defensive or stationary position, the ironsights are fine, but if you're attacking, then the NF ones are much less problematic, motion affects them much less.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Im just as good with both teams but it sucks that I cant see every rocket launcher kill I get

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'd agree that the BE RL is really too obstructive, but I thought perhaps the dev team did it on purpose?

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

the Mortars are too obstructive too, you can hardly see what you're aiming at when you're aiming far away.

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I noticed that too, you can't really move your view either because otherwise you can't zero your shots.

18. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

though it doesn´t annoy me that much (and there is always stuff supposed to annoy you :P ) i agree that reflex sights for brenodi rifle would be really really nice. it would fit perfectly fit to be and would up tha flair of be pretty strong...

19. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

oh and btw there are way better looking holosights then the one´s Chris0132'
    posted (no offense intended`)

20. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I have no problem with the BE rifle sights, but I agree about the mortar. It's a pain you can't see where your shot has landed without moving the barrel. And I find the artillery feedback pretty much useless.