BE Carbine

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dan (FangZandith), Mar 22, 2009.

1. Dan (FangZandith)

Dan (FangZandith) Member

I love BE, it's my team of choice. I prefer their heavies and mediums, and despite everyones bitching about how their MKII's are ineffective, I still enjoy riding around in them. I love the way their guns look, and the way they function. They have a different, cleaner feel about them.

However, the BE carbine really can't compete against the NF HR. I know, I know "Dan you're stupid and don't know how to use it." But the fact is, the NF HR has a higher ROF while being ON TARGET. The BE carbine's first hit is incredibly accurate, but the second and third shot almost never hit. Even up close the NF HR rapes a BE Carbine in the ass, unless you can pop back and forth behind a wall to hide and wait for your next shot. My suggestion is to either take the iron sites and make them single shot, or make the time between bursts longer. By this I mean that you wouldn't have to click a millisecond apart just to get one single shot off. Extend it just a hair so it's a little easier to get that single shot off with the irons up.

I would honestly like to see single shot, I like semi auto over burst personally. It gives me more control over my gun. If it was single shot it may still have a larger clip, but it will do less dmg (I'm pretty sure it already does.) The NF HR has ten shots I think, and the carbine has roughly 30? I think the idea behind this is that 3 shots from the carbine = 1 HR shot? I'm not sure, I haven't been able to find the time to dig around in the weapons file and try to find all the info. So correct me if I'm wrong about that assumption.

I personally just feel that the carbine gets the shitty end of the stick in the rifle range. I love it's accuracy, I love how it feels more refined and crisp than the HR. The recoil is far more controllable. But it's a bitch in a fire fight to have to try and control each shot from that thing so it's only letting out a single round at a time. I've just personally experienced that you waste more ammo and do less dmg with the carbine then HR, which is extremely powerful and controllable prone or crouched.

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The intent of a burst-firing rifle is to make it....burst-firing. If you can get it to one-shot, good for you, but that's not its intent.

Also, the BECAR just needs an ammo increase.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

becar isnt burst afaik

burst is like, 1 pull of the trigger = 3 bullets

becar is like... 1 pull of the trigger 1 bullet, keep trigger down and some more come out but who cares they are gonna miss anyway...

to me the idea of the weapon is sound, the execution of that idea is not

4. Dan (FangZandith)

Dan (FangZandith) Member

I agree blizzerd. The idea is great, it just doesn't equate well in combat. The following two shots skew up and to the right. If they were more centered like a real burst I think it would work better. I would just personally prefer a single shot ability with it.

5. Vaun

Vaun Member

If they replaced the iron sights with a reddot or susat (or whatever the hell theyre called) sight/scope, it would be a major improvement. Currently, i cant seem to figure out where exactly to aim with the sight (it seems to either go higher or lower than the actual sight is at).

Also, I agree, the rounds need to fire closer together, because otherwise, the recoil from the first shot ruins the aim.

6. [R]eX

[R]eX Member

are you serious?

hate to break it to ya, but BE carbine in 2.23 is the most op gun at long range, nfhr cant even compete with it since 2.23. this post surely must be a troll attempt

7. [R]eX

[R]eX Member

let me add to that, that the BEAR is currently way more accurate at full auto than NFAR, and i would say its easily the better rifle. carbine needs nerf, NFHR and NFAR need buffs, and BEAR is fine.

8. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

No speaking of nerfing any rifles please, reminders of the big 2.2 rifle nerf cause me to curl up on the floor. And NF AR seems to be doing it's job well enough for me, though NF HR has some issues staying on target when firing quickly and using iron sight. But maybe that's just me and maybe that's just client side. In fact proning causes worse sway of the iron sight than crouching, for me at least, what's up with that?

Other than that, just remember that although this isn't starcraft it's still nice to have different strengths for both factions. NF has an (currently bit too much) awesome light tank and BE has good rifles and a rax that can't be hit from across the map.

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

BEcar > NFhr since 2.23

10. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

BEAR needs more pow.

Much like it was in 2.12.