BE AFV Replacement.

Discussion in 'Art' started by PwnedYoAss, Oct 6, 2008.

1. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

So, I was bored and was browsing through this oh so forsaken forum, and saw a bunch of models on BE and NF airplanes and what not. I took one look at them and said "Bah! I can do better than that!" So, I proceed to make a VTOL, but then flounder bugged me to try my hand at a replacement AFV, so here's what I've got so far, and I would appreciate some suggestions. This is just for leisure so don't expect anything magnificent, because I a very vague idea of how to even rig it (even after decompiling the actual AFV)

[​IMG]

I kept it simple and tried to model it in general BE AFV style, meaning flat wheels, treads that were animated via texture, and a short flat cannon with an angled turret that looks USA style.
    I based it off the Bradley AFV because the Heavy Tank and Medium Tank look like the modern tank, so there. The short cannon part kind of got omitted when I decided to go crazy.

I hacked on the actual AFV turret to see how it'd look, and it looks very good IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the latest revision, I added in a BE style vent, but this time I screwed the "SKIN RAISED POLY VENT" and went for a more of an exhaust turbo engine sort of thing, and then I also added in two ammo boxes for the MGs...(Hehe) Turret got more detail, treads were redone, I removed the coverings over the wheels I was going to put because it didn't look like an AFV at that point. Also, the two front little windows are for infantry troops to.. "shoot through" something reminiscent of the original AFV.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Haha, I remember you talking about this on cyclopean.
    I'd really really like a new model for the AFV, it's just so bad from a gameplay PoV it's not funny.

That said, this looks pretty decent for a first concept. I'd be happy to drive that right now, I might have a shot vs LTs.

3. Demented

Demented Member

4. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

The turret is a bit too big compared to the chassis.

5. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

i wouldnt whine so hard about afv, because it is remade apc - brenodians added some armor, and cannon - and that was supposed to be temporal

And NF got so sucky meds - barn sized

+ you can always flip LT's using AFV with better engine:D

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I think the reason the AFV is bad haven't anything to do with its model but more to do with the scripts.

In the scripts it have a limit on speed that is lower than the LT..

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

The thing is a brick with wheels. Its profile is so big that any noob can hit it. Also, like the NF med/heavy, it can't fire at objects close to it (favoring LT's in LT vs AFV battles). Personally, I think they are the second most worthless vehicle in the game (after jeeps, of course).

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

The current afv in 2.2 cannot aim low enough to hit a LT if it gets close enough. I hate that..

Now that late game tanks are going to be equally balanced then so should the early tanks. Basically I like this and support its use as long as you can make a good enough model that the higher ups like.. But It's already looking good to me.

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Ye the only advantage model vise BE has with their APC and AFV is that they look almost identical.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Well its been said before that they can shoot from a distance behind fully built walls, but really standard cannons suck and from a distance is hard to hit anything let alone a fast tank like the LT.

11. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Well, you know, I never knew hacking on the actual AFV turret would make it look THIS GOOD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Empty

Empty Member

Lol. Epic.

13. Demented

Demented Member

Nor did I know that hacking on the actual AFV turret would reveal that it's SO SMALL.

14. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Actually, I resized it, to tell you the truth, the turret is about three times the size of my entire vehicle, I plan on scaling it up later for now I'm working within the boundaries of the XSI grid.

15. o_O

o_O Member

the front and back of the turret could probly be trimmed back just a little to make it more proportional. Other then that I cant wait to drive that thing.

16. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

I undid that hacked AFV turret because I feel like one, it doesn't fit and two it's plagarism, so right now I'm working on a smaller version that Brenodi would probably put on their AFV.

17. Empty

Empty Member

He was using a heavy turret for inspiration.

18. Silk

Silk Mapper

What she said

19. Empty

Empty Member

[​IMG]
    Driving something like that with AFVs 3 layers of armor and a bit slower, would be badass. [The cannon is a bit long]

20. Silk

Silk Mapper

Ahaha that reminds me so much of warzone 2100, when i put a huge weapon on a small chassis.