Based on DonMegel

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Shinzon, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Has everyone read the story created by DonMegel?

If not, go and read it now, it may be long but it is certanly worth it...
    http://empires.cw-hosting.net/showthread.php?t=27

So I was thinking if we could create a map based on the story... Its apperantly the "Northern Wastelands" a sort of a gloomy feel with sharp pillars of glass/rock shooting up, very unforgivable.

Possibly to hold true to the story, the NF's position could be easily defendable, but the BE side has alot more Resource towers, to give a real sence of the entire conflict described...

I made a small render of this, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it...

[​IMG]

If any mapper is interested I will more then gladly make all the props and textures that you will require for this map... I really want to see this...

2. 2TM

2TM Banned

Great Idea!
    But Please Dont do the Horrible back ground noice like in badland
    that map is cough (el suckos) cause of it without that noice it would be a nice map

3. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Ive really been hopeing someone would do that first story entry into a map, I even drew up a layout. Which I would let any one up to the challenge have if they wished.

As far as the render, its a great start but I was thinking something like volcanic glass shards, the size and height are great though. Also have the forests of volcanic glass gradualy raise into mountains in the distance with thick cloud cover save for a helish sun off over the mountains. The soil would be clumpy, oily, sticky, dark. Man it would be great if some one would make that map.

4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

in a map like that, geo-thermal energy nodes would actually make sense.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

What are you talking about Quack?, geo-thermal energy nodes make sense everywhere. I have one out back of my house, I use it for steaming pasta.

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

DonMegel can you please post that concept? I will do another max render of it, this time more to your specifications and your map layout :p, I was thinking of something like the asteroid in the movie armagedon, thats what I was trying to go for, but I made this in too much of a hurry...

Then someone who is a mapper can post here and I will do all the props I used in low res (Optimize them) and give them to the mapper along with the texutres, if requested the Max scene will also be given

Just someone please, I know you mappers out there, I will drag one of you here if I have to...

*Pulls out tranquilizer gun*

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Come on someone >.< I made another one, I think this one is a bit closer, but it is rushed again...

DonMegel can you post that concept layout if you still have it?
    [​IMG]

8. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

That first render reminds me of the LV-4whatever planet from Alien. Good stuff.

9. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Ill get to work on another render... I will take a while on this one as I want it to be really nice :D...

In the mean while.... Would a mapper atleast consider making this? All the props will just have to be ported after Im finished with a render...

11. Exo2000

Exo2000 Member

Nice. I suggest taking a look at the way the volcanic impact glass shards are done on AutoAssault if you can. :)