ban cdr_canyon

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Private Sandbag, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

empires is great- I love it, and i'm fairly patient and experienced.

but on cdr canyon i simply cannot find the entertainment. it becomes a race to kill the enemy VF's, at which point you have nuke tanks and they have grenadiers. for you or them, not fun

It also doesn't have any of the flow or development of a classic map... so I just don't think it works

basically; I don't think it works as a match. game after game on that map i quit furious or win unsatisfied.

I don't think it makes the grade.

---------------------------------------------

if we limited it to simple research, do you think it would work

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Despite my getting angry with every game, winning or losing, I'd really have to agree on cdr_canyon. Maybe emp_glycencity too to an extent.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

These maps would suck less if they didn't have ticket bleed.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Or re-buildable vehicle factories.

Either way, I agree that cdr_canyon should be taken out of standard rotation. It's quite clear that the community in general just doesn't enjoy it.

5. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

Yeah, I agree.

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

There was already a thread about this. I've gone ahead and removed it from the map list now.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

dont make me cut you :mad:

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

glycen? glycen! noooooooo i love that map! it's my current favorite map.

it's true that when the VF's are destroyed, it does become you vs their tanks. but their tanks are weak and don't have a lot of room (plus it's easy to use walls) so it's not game braking at all.

ticket bleed I first found really irritating, but i've come to like it on that map because it gives the loosers a sense of urgency.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Stop reading this and click the fucking link

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

YAY!

Next up: District!

11. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That map is still fun.:mad:

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I've seen so many people complain about it, and as things stand, I have to agree. Lemme dig through my archive of IRC stuff...

^Dee^: hard to enjoy the game when rounds only last a couple of minutes >.>
    ^Dee^: and then you get district

There. That sums up the problem with it. Comm rounds end in a ninja run over and over....and then you hit the map THAT JUST WON'T FUCKING END.

13. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

you guys are fucking dumb. This map was 'the shit' before the ticket bleed. It left to some bad-ass end games.

Here's how you fix it...

remove nukes, and artillery. Seriously, for this map, we just don't need it. We should get some real tank battles in. This map should be designed to where if you lose your VF's, the infatry stand a decent chance.

I love this map, but since the ticket bleed, the map has become absolute shit.
    (and fucking stupid playes who can't protect their own VF's

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The map can be won without using any tanks; just the entire team scout hide whoring the entire map... Your best bet is just to wall off the capped flags...

That map should have only the basic ressearch; the way the flag system works; this map just doesnt favor tank battles

I belive that just with basic ressearch this map will be alot more fun, the way the spawn works as well has to be reworked; because rember that now you have a 3 second spawn protection. In this map, the players spawn in firing range of the flag, so they can immortaly mow down the capping infantry, stopping the flag cap, and continuing the madness...

People seem to be focusing on tank whoring kills on this map; but again, most of the time the tankers don't cap, they just keep nuking the same spot, but; the tickets keep bleeding away...

To fix this, remove the tank whores (Basic ressearch) that way the tanks will be just support roles, like an APC in the bushes, this is why glycen works, because infantry can go as equals against tanks (If prepared, you still will get mowed down by a chain gun, no matter how much like supperman you belive yourself to be)

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol thats a great way to get everyone to read your post.. :rolleyes:

i agree with shin.. if everyone had paper tanks those turrets would actually do there job and stop vf rushes...

but still.. shitty map... dont bring it back... maybe take the idea and make a new map for it.. instead of taking an already awesome map and dressing it up

16. hEllO kIttY

hEllO kIttY Member

I approve of your taste in 80s rock :D :p

:cool:rock on my EU friend, Rock ON!!

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i think basic research only is a great idea. it would make VF destruction harder too, since the ninjas wont have uber fast jeeps (just standard fast jeep) and it will effectively nerf nuke sniping on the map.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I agree... we could do with a nice fresh new looking map, perhaps set on a mountain- something big and open.

but just using canyon... well, you get better tank battles on emp_canyon really.

19. SgtCiof

SgtCiof Member

I like the map and usually plays out ok. If they add in CVs and make it more of the usual style but with flags it could be quite good. Might allow massive walled off fortress :)

20. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

You people make me lol... Long long ago, in a far away place ppl once said..

"canyon sucks, it is too slow"

Then...

"cdr canyon rocks! It nice and fast with tons of action!"

then...

"cdr canyon takes forever... we MUST have ticket bleed"

now...

"it just sucks... We have to use teamwork and do something like defend?!!"

I don't come around these parts very often, but i felt the need for this thread. :D