Balanced Game

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Sep 2, 2008.

1. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Yesterday I participated in a game where the teams were balanced, which sadly is rare.

It was fun to actually have a challenge.

Maybe we can all agree to do everything we can to balance teams and have these kind of games more often.

2. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

not possible in the pub servers.
    now in the veteran server however...

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

That's not true, even though balanced games are quite rare...

I ALWAYS use auto-assign, so I'm only doing something against stacks by the number of teammembers, but not against skillstacks.

4. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

One of the reasons why I join a clan is for scrims against other clans. Still a 'balanced' game is nearly impossible. You can't say just cause the teams are even it's balance the skill of some players can vastly outweigh the numbers of the otherteam. Thus now we got to rate everyone and this is stupid to force people to play on a team due to some measure of 'skill'.

If you want a challenge join a active clan that's doing scrims. If the Vet server get's more populated that might also be a possiblity. I've lost a ton of games, and it's important to still have fun even if you know your screwd. It's nice to find the other teams one weak spot and stab it for a while then curse how your out of sprint when 7 heavies come rolling down on your ass.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

a simple skills system could be implemented, on how much scores you have each life,

it could even auto balance players accordingly (ive seen it in cs 1.6)

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Reef has made(or is making) a plugin for auto-balancing teams. In my opinion it was quite good... but I don't know how the work is going at the moment.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

<filler>

8. Empty

Empty Member

The training server being down has led to me having a lot of more enjoyable games on nachos, no offense recon but there's like an unwritten law on the training server that says it's okay to stack.

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

You really shouldn't be playing on the training server since its primary duty is to help newbs learn the game.

10. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Unfortunately it seems like Reef, his plugin and the KM-server which the balancer was written for, were all eaten by a blackhole. They vanished suddenly and were never been heard of...

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

90 percent of the matches I play in are balanced.. But im not afraid to switch to a losing team if I have too to make people happy.. In fact empires is one of the only online games I play that have balanced matches.. The battlefield games are the worst.

But you surround your self with noob's so it's not surprising that teams wont be even.. Even if its 15 vs 15 skills aren't balanced.. The last time I played on your server it was pretty much even cause we(BE) had more people then your team(NF has 1 more ref on that map then BE) but then you had people switch over and it became a rape fest..

Get your clan to do what its gotta do to scrim.

12. Empty

Empty Member

If the training server wasn't the only server with people on it, I'd agree with you, I spend 60% of my time on low population servers trying to fill them, never works.

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Napalms funhouse? It's almost full everytime I play. And I play alot.