Auto Put engine/armour on vehicle if you only have one option.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Auto Put engine/armour on vehicle if you only have one option.

currently, just getting a light tank built when your base is under attack is a really irritating and difficult challenge, I can't count the number of times I've needed said tank and have been shot or the VF destroyed as I frantically hit all the buttons to make a tank.

Part of the problem is that you can't see what bloody engine/armour is in your tank unless you first click the right tab and then hover over the engine and look at the bottom for the description.

Building a vehicle really shouldn't take so long, or be so needlessly difficult

Auto puts engine/armour in if you only have one option
    Auto puts developed engine / armour on if you only have one researched one and
    Different icons for different engines / armours and weapons (I'm sure we've all built tanks with chainguns when we thought that we had a machinegun already equiped)
    All the vehicle creating stuff on ONE page, like this:

[​IMG]

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I don't think I support this, sorry but customisations can go so many ways that it'd be silly to auto mount anything. If you're really worried about spawning vehicles while under attack, you should bear in mind that all your last customisations are saved - so customise it beforehand.

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I quite like the new layout idea:) . Its easy to use and good for noobs and stops them saying 'How do i builds tanks?' or 'It won't build!'. :pathetic:

4. sickre

sickre Member

Good idea, the current UI for vehicle building needs an overhaul, and is confusing for new players. I like the way that armour and engine type are immediately noticeable.

5. flatmush

flatmush Member

Yeah that UI looks a lot better/quicker to use. I'd love to see that in-game rather than the slow and somewhat laggy current one.
    Also, as standard it would be cool to have cannon automatically set to 1P and 2P, MG set to 1S and ML set to 2S (if they aren't currently bound).

6. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

I like the new UI aswell. When I first started playing I had no idea about engines armor or weapons. It took me 2 weeks to finaly realise I could customize it. Before hand I thought it customized itself haha.

7. Reef

Reef Member

*stamp of approoval*

Also flatmush has a good point, I thought about it too but he one was first to say it :)

8. TheDistur

TheDistur Member

I kind of like having the tabs myself. Though I agree if you only have one option, it might as well be plugged in where it belongs.

9. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

I like the UI but it looks crowded now.
    Just needs a bit of fixing and all that good stuff.

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Omg fail it says LTCHEM but it had 3 phase and reactive.

11. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I agree with the layout idea, I'm kinda annoyed the way you have to click through so many menues to build a tank when the moment you're finished you VF is already down or blocked. :|

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Yes agree with both, layout and auto put engine and armor in.

Is there a chance to have the same layout without scoll bars?

13. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I think that would work but make it two pages instead.

On the first page there are the weapons and on the second page engines and armors.

This because the weapon list is quite long and if you have tiny box where you have to find all the weapons, it is quite hard to find them fast when you see only 2-3 weapons there instead of a list where you see like 5-6 weapons.

Also that would help the crowded feeling.

14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I agree with autoselecting engine and/or armor if there is only one choice available, but I disagree with doing the same for a researched item, especially since cost and weight have become a factor.

As far as armor is concerned, What is the default armor distribution for the different weight armors? Does it reset your armor plating to 0 so you have no armor by default, allowing you to customize from the ground up? How about armor cost? The issue with engines is more limited to the question of cost. Autoselecting research items throws too many questions into the mix.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Just to clarify, I don't mind a new UI, but automounting seems a not great idea. A bunch of options like advanced coolant + HE + UML + comp saved as a layout is fine.

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't think anyone would choose standard armour or standard engine, in any situation. It's just a total waste of resources. you are far better off just waiting until you have the cash for the good tank.

In rare RARE situations where you do want the crappy armour and engine, then you can just change it, but when ever have you wanted that?

17. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

So you can drive around a tank, get to the next base, and change your armor in a repair pad since it got researched 5 seconds after you got to the new base.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I mean a situation where you do have the good armour and you want the crappy one.

19. Caelo

Caelo Member

GUI is very cool and should be in