Auto Building Feature

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FF|Skyrider, Dec 10, 2007.

1. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

I've been thinking. So far, all the Strategy games have an auto build feature if you think about it. You click on a building, it is "creating" the building, and you can deploy it and it'll be created right away. Now, if this would happen, the engineers would be quite useless, that is why I am suggesting the following:

A "auto build" research feature. When a building it placed, and the auto build research has been completed, the buildings (all buildings that are yellow) will be auto build at a specific build speed depending on the building of course.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

so the comm can just drop 20 lev3 turrets in their base and wait a little while?

This will be complete chaos, commanders dropping buildings all over the place.

3. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

No, as first you have to research for it (which should take a while). And the auto build speed depends on the building you are placing.

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I believe it's been suggest a long time ago and was shot down. Still, it would be nice for those times when you want something built and everyone just runs away from it >.>

5. Chahk

Chahk Member

Hop out of the CV and build it yourself? Or if you're far away just spam the "Guard" order on the nearest Engie until they get sick of it and do what you ask ;)

6. dizzyone

Might as well skip a mapvote then and give every player the ability to change the map, it would be nice for those times nobody want to vote on your map.

This is just far too exploitable, the first thing I would be using this for is dropping shit all over the place when I have the extra cash. Games can already be dragged into infinity by a commander that just drives around the map, drops a whole base and moves on the another spot to build another base. Of course it only works against less efficient players, but its a pain in the ass, JJ45 used to do this in pubs, now imagine him doing it with auto build.
    Don't forget building resistance against damage was increased.

I don't want to spend my game shooting down buildings, it detracts from the main gameplay.

7. ^Dee^

There's a mapvote? =o

8. dizzyone

it was an example, there is no mapvote included with empiresmod, but BAT and SM have it.

9. ^Dee^

cool beans :)

10. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

*cough*, I did said you have to research the "auto build" feature. Either way, let me change my suggestion a little bit:

1), When you researched the "Auto Build" feature, you are able to select up to 2 to 3 buildings that will build itself with a specific build speed without needing the help of other users. Any other building you select for auto build, will be put in the waiting in the auto build waiting queue. (Or not able to auto build at all to stop massive builds and auto build selection on all buildings, even waiting in queue) This way, the commander cannot exploit this, nor build a lot of buildings all over the map to again advantage. Automatic buildings "should" of course not be fast, as this would be unfair.

With the auto build feature, people are able to pay attention to other things, rather then building buildings.

Thoughts / Idea's?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

this game is about teamwork. this suggestion does not help teamwork. it does not even help gameplay. Sorry, but all I see from this suggestion is "people don't build stuff for me"

I don't want to kill the people building a barracks as a rifleman/scout be unable to destroy it, only for 30 seconds later IT'S ALIVE :o

if you want stuff in your base built, it's easy to build it yourself. I can't think of place this would make the game more fun. or tactical.

12. Scikar

Scikar Member

It's either going to be useless or make the engineer obsolete. I don't really see a middle ground.

13. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

Who said 30 seconds? Might even take 2 to 3 minutes if a non-engineer is in the neighborhood.