Auroran Arms Manufacturing

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLX, May 27, 2007.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Backstory:

Before the war broke out, the Brenodi Empire had a covert weapons lab in the arctic north. This weapons lab was well know, but only by its cover: a non-government scientific laboratory researching the Aurora Borealis.

The Brenodi government knew them as the "Auroran Arms Lab." Above ground was a massive scientific laboratory, and 50 feet blow that, in the ice, was a weapons lab the size of 2 side by side air craft carriers.

The employees were told they were making defensive weapons, ones that would make the Jekotian Empire not want to attack, in order to avoid all out war. They believed them. The weapons were so barbaric it seemed inhuman to use on another, and it made sense too: they were given all the money they needed, they could make anything, and mass production seemed too expensive.

Months later, war broke out, and the lab was refitted to manufacture weapons, and months after that, a Brenodi general met them to personally congratulate them on the effectiveness of the weapons.

During that visit, he showed them a video of their weapons’ use in combat. They were horrified. They never imagined that the weapons would be so effective. They sat for 3 minutes watching as Brenodi soldiers with the weapons cut down anyone that came close.

Once the general left, they rallied anyone that would listen, and planned to destroy the lab. They planned it for weeks, destroying all data, shutting down equipment, all to make it look like a catastrophic system failure.

On the final day, they found everything explosive or flammable they could it packed it into the facility’s nuclear reactor, signaled an evacuation, and trailed detonation cord for 1.26 miles. Once safe, they lit the detonation cord. 5 minutes later, they witnessed nuclear sunrise, and the flash evaporation of 2 miles of ice.

They fled to the south, they knew that soon the Brenodi Empire would be after them, and their only hope was to plead with Jekotia to help them. Half of those that fled were killed by border patrols. They finally made it.

The Jekotian government spared them, for they too had a similar program, but refused to allow them to stay because of what they considered “war crimes.” The Jekotian government arranged passage to the small Commonwealth island off the east coast.

Unfortunately, Brenodi gun boats cut them off, killing everyone but one, who managed to fake death and float to shore. He’s assembled a team to help the Jekotia turn the tide of war on the Brenodi, and their first project is the Kaurbriger. Its just as effective as the current HMG, but costs half the price, making it easier to arm the Jekotian armies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've gotten into modeling, and I've decided to work on a NF weapon set (not mines, mowtars, nades, or RPG's, just firearms). Here I'm going to post my progress on it, and I'm starting with the HMG. I only have a cylinder at this time, but I do have a physical K'NEX rifle I made when i was 8, that I have modified, and looks just the part for a new and unique NF HMG. I'm also planning on animating them if I can. As i make progress, I will post images. In the mean time, here are some concept images.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

also, a zip for any interested that contains all the close up shots for individual components I am modeling. Doubt anyone would want it, but hey, cant hurt to put it up.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/33681834/concept_images.zip

also, if you cant guess from the topic name, this line of weapons is made by the Auroran Arms Manufacturing company. just encase people can figure out whee that name comes in.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Why make a model for a gun that already has a new model?

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I want to model something, and I have a physical thing I made years ago that fits the HMG the best. This is the first of a custom set, based around the design principles I will be using for the Auroran Arms Manufacturing line.

4. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

So its going to be like a custom weapon, that I will be able to download and replace in my Empires folder to just change the look of the rifle?

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

what you see now in-game is a weapon model. this is my own custom MF HMG weapon model, so yes. I will try to work in sounds to match it as well as fluid animations. i cannot make any guarantees past a basic weapon model.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

so i can use this ingame? sweet!!!

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

ok, I have the barrel done, now I'm trying to remember how I got into the mode where I manipulated individual points, so I can make a magazine receiver to fit the dual-drum design.

preview!
    [​IMG]

you can ignore that cylinder in the back, I need to chop off the bottom half for the receiver. incase you cant tell, thats the dual-drum magazine beside it. yes, water marks suck, but its part of the Learning Edition preview renders.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

nice package you've made there.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Ok, the Kaurbriger (NF HMG) is about half done now. I've finished the Catalyst, and its a brute. If this was a real weapon, I'd be surprised to see anyone get up after getting shot by it.

Kaurbriger Front
    [​IMG]

Kaurbriger Back
    [​IMG]

Catalyst Front
    [​IMG]

Catalyst Back
    http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1606/catalyst2lb4.jpg

Catalyst Head
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  10. Goose

Goose Member

Sort of reminds me of something.... Let me think.

Oh Yeah,
    [​IMG]

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

On the same topic as Goose...

That's what she said! Zing!!!

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

its just an annoying coincidence. didn't realize it would look like that until I actually got that far :\ I'm making changes to it to make it more gun like and less dick like.

13. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

errrm how about a stock and a grip and a trigger????????? wouldn´t look like a penis then anymore... at least less

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Honestly, when that was posted, that was about 16% of the total modeling work. I've reached about 20% now. this is going to be incredibly detailed as long as it doesn't suddenly f*** up.

The animations, you will literally see how the gun operates. part of the design uses a grate for easy maintenance access, so you can see how it all works when it fires too.

this is going to be one unique mother f***er

15. Goose

Goose Member

Thats what she said?

16. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

make it bullpup! Make it bullpup!

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

1. its not going to be bull pulp

2. there wont be pics for a bit, my English teacher has actually letting me finish this for the summative, so I'm pushing ahead and skipping a few things so I can finish something that demonstrates 3D modeling to animation, texturing, and rendering. I will stick up a shot of how it currently is though.

I will edit in the pic, or post new, when its ready, theres one item i still need to decide on position of.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

Well I would certainly hope not. :P

19. KILLX

KILLX Banned

20. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I'm confused on the story, Brenodi fighting Jekotia? Jekotia is the Brenodi.