Aug 14'th test feedback.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PreDominance, Aug 14, 2010.

1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Only 7 or so people came. Yayyyyy

Anyways.

Vehicle armor is bugged to shit. Vehicle MGs are bugged to shit. There must be a global resist or something that's gone to hell. Can't melee vehicles to death. 8 mines does 40% damage (leaves 60% health left) to buildings (VF/barracks).

e-Build seems gay. You're going to isolate the engineer class to basebitching and mobile repair stations.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

My god, another person who thinks the e-build change is gay. Inb4 Mashav goes "Not enough testers, I ignore this e-build feedback (again)". I don't mean this in any way personally, but for fucks sake, can we put up a poll for who actually likes these changes? Seriously?

Take current repair upgrade speed to be 100%.
    Set engy build to 70%
    Set e-build to 40%.

3 e-builders is faster than 1 repair upgrade engy, 2 are faster than a non-repair upgrade engy. It's balanced, it's simple, it makes sense. It also stops this retarded idea of engineer having to e-build unless he takes repair upgrade, but using the engineer to repair. Because that's really intuitive. I know Mashav didn't make these changes, but this is getting beyond a joke now.

As for the comm taking damage to standard MGs, I understand that Mashav did in fact spend quite a lot of time looking through the scripts to see if it's a problem there, and it doesn't seem to be. I assume he'd have checked his own dev-SVN, so it can't even be that, which I thought it would be. Shit sucks.

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

There's no reason why engineer should have been nerfed int eh first place, and even so, the nerf is in the wrong place.

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

We need to figure out why VIPER is the only server unaffected by this bug (the only server with people, mind you (maybe MEG vs. All as well) ).

5. Trickster

Err, you have it wrong there. In SVN atm, stdMG will rip a CV apart. But even with the CV armour bug, that doesn't happen in 2.25.

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

someone upload the scripts and i'll look at them, are the vehicle weapons damaging buildings as well? You should be able to see the damage types/effects in console if debug is on in svn version.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It's not just stdMG, it's EVERY WEAPON. Rockets do 3 plates, mortars do 4½, 8 mines take the health to dark red (not flashing). One BIO shot does 1 plate as well as the effect takes away the rest of the plates. DU, oddly, does normal damage. Cannons/missiles weren't tested, but presumed to be the same.

8. Mashav

Mashav Member

Go ahead.

I don't have a problem with people who don't like it, I have a problem with people not liking it because of something that its supposed to cause, that it hasn't been shown to cause yet. At least with the scout rifle we have whole versions of precedent.

The scripts have not changed. Cv armour has not been touched since 2.25. If you create your own server, the bugs don't happen. Something weird is happening code/server side, and I don't know what. EDIT: Hmmm aparently the cv extra damage still happens on your own server now... I remember it not working that way before...mgs still dont rape though.
    I think hes more reffering to the fact that mgs in the svn will rape EVERY vehicle, not just the cv. The cv will sometimes bug out in 2.25, but the mgs/all armours have yet to.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  9. Deiform

Deiform Member

Well I think it's best if you stop organising tests until this is fixed. Not only do you annoy testers with old bugs, but you're not going to fix it with a massive load of testers.

Everyone knows there is a bug, you cannot test any weapons while it exists, and I think it's best if you give what remaining testers you have a break without trying to get them to show up every weekend.

10. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Why don't we revert 2.26 to 2.25, and then slowly apply every change? Go from 2.25 -> 2.26 scripts. Then section off each code change and apply it. Why does this bug happen on Emp_Main??

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

You mean 2.25 to 2.24d.

12. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

You mean 2.25 to 2.12?

No seriously. I can't speak for the whole community, but I personally don't think anyone like these changes that are being introduced and thus don't join tests. And if it's full of gamebreaking bugs, so why even bother?

Instead of introducing "new and exciting features" the main focus should be little balance changes and bug fixes even though that may seem boring.

Ask yourself, what is wrong with 2.25b and then fix what is broken, and then maybe add a feature requested by the community and test it once and if it works, release it. If it doesn't, remove it. If it's buggy, fix it.

I think the current version is very playable. Why test something that is not?

13. Mashav

Mashav Member

Because the bugs aren't constant, they seem to show up when they feel like it, the cv armour bug can be somewhat ignored(just imagine that the cv was mega nerfed, and continue testing other things) and people can be told to not be douches with the vehicle mgs.
    Also, I only expect around 4-8 people to show up, which means we probably can't have a normal test anyways. If we got to the point where I could call a single test, and a lot of people would show up, I would probably hold off until most things were fixed.

For one, the cv armour bug IS IN 2.25. It only shows up sometimes though, and no one is reallly sure why. The vehicle mg bug hasn't shown up in 2.25, but it also isn't constant in 2.3 testing.

That's what I'm attempting to do.(except for bug fixes because those are in the code)

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

We had same problem as your currently having when the new resist system went it. Iono if you have talked to Kylegar about it but I'm pretty sure hes the one who fixed it.

15. Trickster

I remember that. I meleed a tank to death.

16. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Mhm that might be related to the dynamic resist thingy. That would make sense.