Attention All Testers

Discussion in 'General' started by Mashav, Jul 15, 2010.

?

During the weekend, what times (GMT) would you most likely be availiable to test.

1. 00:00 - 03:00

25.0%
  2. 03:00 - 06:00

15.0%
  3. 06:00 - 09:00

12.5%
  4. 09:00 - 12:00

22.5%
  5. 12:00 - 15:00

22.5%
  6. 15:00 - 18:00

50.0%
  7. 18:00 - 21:00

55.0%
  8. 21:00 - 24:00

47.5%
  9. I am not a tester and have no interest in being one

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mashav

Mashav Member

The last several balance play tests for possible future versions of empires have failed, due to a lack of players. To help remedy this issue I pose the question to you.

During the weekend, what times (GMT) would you most likely be availiable to test.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

attention all testers, mashav is making a poll.

3. Mashav

Mashav Member

Indeed

4. Empty

Empty Member

Poll is up.
    Wooo.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Just note that, most scrims for clans are on a Saturday. All the old successful SVN tests were on a Sunday. Not that it matters. This shitty e-build faggotry is going to destroy the game anyway, so there's nothing to test until that's reverted.

6. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thats an experiment.

7. Trickster

A few of us tried it. It sucks fucking balls and ruins the game.

8. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

The idea was to de-emphasize the need for engineers at the early stages of the game. It seems as though the change didn't do what it was supposed to. I'm not convinced we should abandon this project entirely. There might be another, better way to implement it.

Maybe we could try to schedule scrims on the test server? The people who put together the changes would have an obligation to make sure the revision is relatively stable, but it would give a higher chance of a successful test.

9. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

attention all testers: you have walked into the waiting jaws of a grue

10. Opie

Opie Member

If only someone saw this coming.... oh wait.

Maybe you should go back and read what I wrote in the e-build discussion.

And yes, the scrims would be the best option in testing the game. I agree with that.

11. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

It hasn't been reverted yet because they are talking about another way to acomplish their goal of reducing the 'omg everyone go engineer' for the first 15 min of the game.

Yea, it didn't work, but that's what a playtest is for. Developers go 'this looks good on paper, do it and see what happens'...if we didn't have a playtest, that shit would have been released...because it was good on paper (mk2s are a good example).

12. Opie

Opie Member

It wasn't good on paper. Neither were mk2s. At least you did test it tho.

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I've got to be honest with you. I could not care less what you think, especially since you have the attitude that someone should enough about your opinion that they're going to run around on the forums looking for what you said.

If you want to say "I told you so," this isn't the place for it, especially since the change hasn't even made it live yet.

If you're going to get uppity about one revision on a test server, there are far more important things to get pissed about, like testing revisions that don't even fucking let you build tanks.

14. Opie

Opie Member

You never care about what anyone else ever thinks, everyone knows that. You are the biggest troll on this forum. I even agree with you on more than 95% of what you say, but the way you often present yourself on these forums does not help your argument.

I presented my arguments in the other forum about this very topic. It is valid. I would post back in that topic, but I can't, it was moved to a place where we can no longer talk about it (why is that even the case, implemented forum should still allow posts). Once again, instead of considering what I had to offer there, you wrote it off. Everyone in that forum, including developers, wrote what I had to say off. Worse part about it, I agreed with the original suggestion. Why do we even have discussion sections in those forums if the developers don't read and listen?

Now get out of your troll suit. Go back to that forum and read it. You are looking for ways to implement the change so that it works. I already made that suggestion. Go back and READ IT. But no. You want to come back here and troll some more.

Yes it was just one test. It was a waste of someones time. A common feature it appears. People are too often caught up in their own ideas and will not listen to what others have to offer. Surely you agree with that.

BACK ON TOPIC. If you want a good test crowd, approach the clans. Get trickster, fn, and dubee or someone together pick a time and then invite everyone for that time for a test PUG.

15. Trickster

Change has been live for ages.

16. dizzyone

Aah yes, the dev-team-is-hive-mind mentality, there is practically no way to get through to anyone that discusses like that. No offense Opie.

17. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Apparently, we're operating with different definitions.

18. Opie

Opie Member

I wouldn't say the dev team is hive mind. There are many different opinions, just no one listens to each other.

19. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

the Tester svn isn't 'live'. Live is the version you download when you click the download link on the front page.

Organization:
    Dev //What the devs commit to
    Tester //updated from Dev before each test
    Live //What we release

The current engie changes on the tester rev aren't going to stay. However, the replacement changes aren't done yet, so you don't have them. Stop believing that the developers are working 8 hours a day on Empires. Most of us have jobs and school, and work on this project because we enjoy it. Work is slow because of that, so, be patient. If you notice, we are starting a testing schedule to get shit done, and asking for feedback. Be constructive, it helps. Trolling does not.

20. dizzyone

I was aiming at this, AFAIK everyone thought of it as something that was worth a test, nothing more, nothing less.