Artillery Shell/ Jet Sky box

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 2TM, Aug 19, 2006.

1. 2TM

2TM Banned

A New arillery shell, that has multiple explosions. When its launched it is normal like any cannon, But feet from the ground the shell explodes apart and delivers multiple explosions. With in feet of each other.

[​IMG]

When jets are in the game...

You know when you walk away from a vehical factory and it changes coler and graphics on it change... Well What if when jets are in the game it does the same thing, Only When you get to a certain distance There is a layer of cloud looking material. You Can go though it but once above it you cant see anything but ditry looking clouds. Hopefully Empires gives us all enough sky box to play in :) I Want to do rolls and fly updside down :D

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I like it as a nice alternative to the HE cannon: this would be totally crap against buildings, but pretty effective vs men. It would also have a really long reload time, say, 15 - 20 seconds between shots.

3. 2TM

2TM Banned

Yeah it would kill infantry in one shot, And Tanks would be 2 shots. Yet Do Almost no damage to buildings.
    Reload time 10sec's

4. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Looks like a MIRV. :p I like this idea, especially if it isn't that good against buildings. :)

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

If it does nothing to buildings, I'd HOPE it'd do nothing to armor....I mean...what does it matter if crap rains down on the metal armor? OK, it does SOME damage, but it shouldn't be able to do that much...make it infantry only I'd say - shrapnel essentially.

EDIT - also - if you try to fire it at too close of a range, it just hits the ground and doesn't do much at all, other than minor splash damage TO INFANTRY ONLY.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  6. 2TM

2TM Banned

The Real One They have Completly kills Everything in the area of the bombs and heats the area to over 8,000 Degrees. Sooooooooo If A Tank Driver Can Stand That then thats crazy...
    So Just to balance arty, kinda i think it would be a great addition people would want to research it for like infantry maps because it kills them instantly, in a huge area

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Which artillery is that [​IMG]

8. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

In what world do buildings appear and require ppl to look at them while holding a TI-83? Or a strange mist from a rock produce a material to create everything needed in the world? ;)

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the mist represents leaking gas from a much greater underground reserve

and these reserves are refined to produce money, which is actually an interesting material that is used to BUY everything needed in the world.

officially out nerded.

10. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Good idea, i'd like it better if i didn't get pwned by arty every game i play, but if the arty if nerft, this would be great as the inti inf component.

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

Well, on the subject of realism; what I don't understand, is the fact that these armies are fighting a bitter, violent war, yet still insist on only deploying one non-fighting vehicle and a handful of troops to the battle grounds to not only fight, but to gather and manage resources :D

12. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Maybe therve been fighting for so long theve both sides have almost exhasted there resources, and can't afford to send more stuff untill the forces in that area send materials:D

13. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

NO!!! you'll just get tonnes of noobs spamming bases with it (e.g. emp_money with 5/6 arty tanks fitted with this) even with a long reload time you'd struggle to get out of barracks.

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

5/6 arty's attacking your base? as arty is, you would be dead. DEAD.

15. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

OK, there's another topic about arty stuff, and facts. There are HEAT arty shells, that simply create heat. These do next to nothing to people, unless you hit the person, as the explosion is not centered on destroying everything in a large blast radius, but more like a thermite grenade -its plain heat.

Now, if you're talking about a arty shell that breaks up in mid air and rains down stuff on the ground, we're talking more like Shrapnel, which does nothing more than rain sharp objects on soldiers. Sorry, but Shrapnel won't scratch a building, or even a tank.

If you're going to have the arty shell break apart in mid air, and allow massive damage being done to builds and tanks, I'd sooner see arty nerfed and never put back in. Its too powerful as is, and too many times I've had a good game going with light tanks/med tanks, where its more a ticket war...then everyone gets arty, and suddenly its not fun anymore. At all.

16. jambo

jambo Member

not just buy everything , because the nateral gas/steam reserves mix with raw resources deep enderground such as iron and coal which is forced to the surface.
    so, gas powers generators and the resources are used to build stuff.

waaha , i'v got it all worked out !

17. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

oops, my interent was being all stupid.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

refineries are really thermal powered naninte factories, with the nanites being used to build and repair buildings and tanks tanks.

the nanites are transfered from the refineries to the building sites by way of microscopic plotholes located withen the engi tool and vehicles factories

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006