Armour guide,

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by holylucifer, Jan 6, 2008.

1. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

Best Armour hp protection against High explosive ,

Normal

Takes 100.6 damage from one hit , removes roughly 3 armour plates.

Health 30,

weight 15

cost 10.

Absorbant,

Takes 52.6 damage from one hit ,

health 50.

under 4 hits to completely remove armour from a medium.

Damage modifer 1

weight 12.5

Regenerative

Takes 87.8 damage from one hit.

Health 75,

Regen rate 0.035.

300 health is 4 plates,

4 shots from he on this armour would do 351.2 damage, so roughly it would take 3.5 shots to remove all regen armour excludeing the regen rate

damage modifier 1

weight 15

Reactive,

Takes 62.2 damage from one hit,

Health 70,

(?) damage modifier 0.85,maybe off.

weight 20,

Composite,

91 damage from one hit,

Health 80,

weight 10, most expensive.

would take, a bit under 4 hits from fire to remove armour with this calculation.

Reflective.

81.4 damage from one hit in the worst case ,

health 60,

weight 15

would take around 3.5 fires worth of damage to remove all armour from medium in the worst case of direct hits.

The best case would be 40.7 damage from one hit in the best case,

health 60,

would take around 5.2 fires worth of damage to remove all armour ,

240 health,

162.8 damage from 4 hits.

= 77.2 health left on armour plate.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  2. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

For Mid game

Potential Best value for armour for experianced players against the high explosive cannons to my calculations.

Reflective , cost for 4 armour = 92.

240 health,

162.8 damage

weight 15.

Potential best case if in the 50% Region.

[​IMG]

1st for unaware/new players,2nd best for experianced players,

Absorbant.

4 plates of armour = 60 cost.

health 50 , damage from one hit 52.6.

4 hits from high explosive is 210.4

health of armour plates 200.

weight 12.5.

overall 3rd is regenative.

cost for 4 plates of regen is 60.

health 300 , takes 351.2 damage from 4 hits of high explosive cannon so 3.5 roughly to make armour go EXCLUDEING THE REGEN RATE

3. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

Composite vs reflective vs absorbant against the high explosive value to performance chart.

First Composite,

91 damage from one hit,

health 80,

cost of plate 38,

damage to plate 91 ,from high explosive.

composite armour gone in roughly 3.5 hits, 152 resources wasted if tank died.

VS

Reflective in hands of an experianced person,

5.2 fires worth of damage to remove all armour

if tanked died with the best of this armour can offer if hit at the place of 50%, it would have wasted 92 resources for 5.2 hits roughly to armour.

and for 2 experianced people to buy a tank with this armour it would cost 184 for the armour alone which is reflective of course.

Reflective wins if in hands of an experianced person.

for how much protection you can get for the cash against this weapon.

but if the reflective gets the direct hit where it does not get its 50% advantage.

then Absorbant wins,plus Absorbant is great against rail for later game.

Absorbant can take roughly 3.8 hits worth of damage from high explosive at the cost of 60 resources, 2 tanks with this would cost 120 alone and look at the cost of composite compared to this and how much protection it gives.

Because for the cost to protection ratio value.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I've done one calculation and it is completely wrong mind you I started at the one I knew was wrong.(composite HE damage is around 75-80) Using just HE as a standard for choosing armor is stupid as most decent players are going to have HE/UML or at least HE/2xml. Reactive is wrong too it is closer to 50.

5. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

The end, to people who know the high explosive is the common weapon.

6. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=4609

3"Reactive"

Generally can take the most hits per plate except against weapons without speed(ie MGs). Good on LTs with 3 phase engine(also pimp engine only has 2 less heat dissipation than coolant and fast) because you can get 2/2/2/2 plates and cannon and missile launcher. Somewhat less useful later in the game because of it's weight and only marginally less expensive than composite depending on number of plates. Very good against railguns.

"Weight" "20" // was 10
    "Cost" "34" // 50
    "Health" "70" // was 40
    "Speed To Damage Modifier" "-0.004"
    "Damage Modifier" "0.85"

i just went straight to what people would care more about then general armour ,

but what armour is better against lets say the most popular cannon used in online games.

there are other calculations other than plain 75 damage to armour,i have them calculated and then displayed in this.

7. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

HE dmg = 75
    HE speed = 3200

.85*((3200*-.004)+75)) = 52.87

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

don't forget the 0.1 angle modifier reactive has ;o

9. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

This would be great for lets say Nf where there heavy tanks are better with missiles,

instead of the usual bio diesal(6 cool down) and regen armour,

it would be advance coolant(10 cool down if overheated it would take around 1.5-2 seconds to move with the red bar area almost starting to go about 1/3 of the red filled at the time) and absorbant armour both in chemistry , and also he cannon in chemistry, and upgraded missile in chemistry

which anyways the advance coolant basicly give you a few more fires ( about 4-5 more over diesal) before its totaly overheated this would make quite a difference,

the adv coolant and absorbant would win over bio diesal and regen in a way in terms of raw offensive power, but apart from that depends on the player,if both had HE Cannon.

Also since this armour is less expensive,more people can afford tanks and with this 2 tanks is better than one depending on how it is.

And as for haveing it completely it is 12.5 and not 10, but then you might need to remove something but that would be unlikely,but you would still have the value of it over composite with what this thread of mine has been saying to you.

10. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

The problem with absorbent and coolant vs regen and bio diesel, (and even vs comp and gas turbine) is it is so expensive and so time consuming to research. It takes 8 min to research both Absorbent and coolant. It takes about half that for regen/bio and some where between for comp/gas
    With abs/coolant by time you are finished getting those two, the other team almost has a fully outfitted Med tank

11. o_O

o_O Member

Dont forget that an intelligent player with regen will attempt to turn in a circle, and probably be able to regenerate a couple plates in the time it takes to chew through the armor on all the other sides. Considering your calculations show that regen's survivability is not much worse then anything else, that is important.

Also, throughout the entire game you will be fighting grenadier rockets and mines and the odd turret and crazy light tanks with standard cannons. Regen's insane health and relatively fast regen rate make it rather resistant to this sort of stuff and saves you the risk of having to jump out of your tank to repair it.

EDIT: Ignore this if regen has been changed in the latest version, I didn't see it in the changelog but haven't had a chance to play much.

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

oxymoron

I'm on my way out so I won't get into details but your analysis of engines is made of fail. You have to also look at heat outputs and also once you are overheated there is a delay until you start cooling down again.

13. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

Well, ill go for absorbant and advanced coolant if you had me as commander on a server called Mittoes where you get alot of cash.

It takes longer but it would pay off for later,it would take like 2-4 mins more and if the team can't cope then they suck.

so i'd go for absorbant(armour and likely they have engine and armour almost done as well) then advanced coolant,

but consider this the bio diesal engine can move when it's overheated but the team with absorbant and with normal engine.

normal engine has a heat output very near to bio diesal its like what , 2 figure difference,bit faster in speed can move when overheated,and really the team would only have this for a couple of minutes and vs bio diesal is not too bad really and you could still destory with this engine and also depending on how it could turn out , ill have to work that out with calculations.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  14. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

Okay so,ill make a nother thread.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Making tactics based on a server which has modified research/resource multipliers is a bad idea, i'd suggest making them on servers with standard multipliers and modifying those for modified servers.

16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Less threads too please. Can we amalgamate these threads all under "Shitty suggestions for shitty server settings" Now I don't expect everyone to come up with such excellent alliteration but if english is your first language for the love of god please at least try and be coherent.

17. zergl

zergl Member

"Sucking suggestions for super subpar server settings"

HAH!

18. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Can you repost the Reflective Image please?

19. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

20. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

thx simon.

By the way: Nice paint skills :).