Armed Assault engine

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by (2142)Gen.Reaper, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (2142)Gen.Reaper

(2142)Gen.Reaper Member

The source engine(as we all know) doesn't really support veiclhes like planes,tanks, and Helicopters very I well,I recentlly got a game made by Atari and Bohemia Interactive.It is a Modern warefare similuator.It has planes,tanks,boat, and jeeps.In the recent update there is a new gamemode called Warefare which is kinda of like empire classic gamemode.Instead you capture cities,which supply truck deliver supplies from your base to the city's depot, which is how you get money to build viechle.But I bet with enough modding you can make a Refinery system.

It also supports bigger maps than the source engine.It also features AI,but the intellgence of the AI may need to by made more smart.

It can support a good empires mod.

But the main problem is the costumization,Which I think Arma's engine doesn't support that kind of system.But the buildings over time contrust.It also supports HUGE FUCKING NUKES!Bigger and more destructive than the GMOD nuke.IT is also realisitic.Meaning that a tank is probadly required to have a Driver,gunner, and a Tank commander.It also has fully destructible cities.It also has a fuel,overheating, and ammo system.You can also buy AI controlled soldiers for you squad.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No bloody engine changes.

There's been enough of a fart on working with the BF engine, source was chosen because it supports more customisation than any other engine, has a large userbase, and is generally a very slick engine. You have absolutely no understanding of what you're talking about.

You don't need ArmA nor is it worth the effort, there is a warning about this sort of thing that you obviously neither read nor understood the reason for.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

And modding Arma sucks ass.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

ArmA sucks ass generally, it's nowhere near intuitive enough to make a solid mod, and empires has intuitiveness problems as it is.

5. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

I'd only support this idea if it was for CryEngine 2 switch and had built in Empires Final because then, it would be awesome

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Hell crysis would be a better choice than ArmA because at least it is easier to pick up, has limited brush support, and looks better.

Still isn't worth the effort though.

7. petemyster

petemyster Member

not crysis, i can't run it XD

Yeah anyone who encourages a engine switch should die :D

8. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

lol can anyone even imagine Empires on the cry engine? :|ove:

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

Empires would have been on CryEngine if Crytek didn't take so long to finally release the SDK.

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

The specs for crysis has generally caused a lower install base. Less people would find EmpiresMod.

11. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I just love the Source engine because you get pretty good graphics and game power while keeping minimal system requirements.

12. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

i think source is still one of the best engines, with it's flexibility, physics, sound system and not-that-bad graphics. And it's continuely developed:D Source FTW! :D

13. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Valve are doing it right: They have one basic engine that they constantly upgrade. That's better than having to develop a new engine every 3-6 years.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

This isn't even a suggestion, the only one is a change of engines, to which no has already been said. Search before you post, or suffer the consequences. (flaming & thread lock)

15. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

*facepalm

*EPIC FACEPALM!

Do u even realise how long it took to make empires on the source engine!?

PLZ CLOSE THIS THRED BEFORE I DIE OF EPIC FAIL :headshot: (too late)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.