Arma 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

For £20, I'll pick it up. I'm really waiting for Arma 3 Wasteland though.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

As I said on his video, it looks like they're really working on improving the things I disliked about arma 2, arma 2 was a good step forward from arma 1 and it looks like arma 3 will be a bigger improvement than that.

I'm probably going to get it, depends what my funds are like but I'd like it on steam, and I might end up getting the inevitable DLCs. I also really want to see what mods come out, as ArmA2 had some amazing mods for it. I also like the near-future setting because they've got some really cool looking vehicles. And yeah, fucking wasteland with all of that stuff, awesome :D

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yeah that looks great, I started to get used to ArmaII engine but I'll porbably just buy this instead of playing any more ArmaII, looks much slicker. In ArmaII I always kind of felt like I was fighting against the engine.

It was immersive but it was more like piloting a Mech to me half the time.

5. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

If it has steam friends support and steam server support then I'll probably get it.

6. Reznov

Reznov Member

Its a must buy for me. Was fan of the series since Operation Flashpoint. Also I gotta make more .exe videos for youtube.

Can't wait to buy it and try the editor for sub marine battles. :D

7. Fooshi

I bought a copy and I'll (soon) have 3 copies of Alpha Lite to hand out. It doesn't have multi-player and mod support, but at least you get to try it out.

8. Trickster

Arma 3 Wasteland is already up.

Fuck yes.

9. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

ARMA 3 looks like one to keep an eye for me.

10. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

I'm buying this now purely for the £20 price tag (will be the lowest it will ever be I guess before sales after years) and I know I'll enjoy the base game and the mods too.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

How much better optimised in cpu/graphics is it ? I'm thinking of buying it, but since my awesome gaming laptop almost manages to play Arma 2 on low, I'm doubtful it would run at all with arma 3?

12. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Bought.

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

and? how is it?

14. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

This is the most broad "Things I like about X" styled post I've ever seen. You only even specified one thing in particular and it was about something that's in every other post in the Arma2 DayZ thread. This makes me wonder if you actually even own Arma 2.

15. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

That variable stance thing looks like it's going to be amazing.

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I hope they build steam support in properly.
    Whenever I Shift-Tab to steam overlay in ARMAII it holds down whatever button I button I was holding. Just like getting out of the CV. And I do it all the time.

Which is great for running long distances but has also often ends up with me emptying clips by accident and attracting a shit ton of unwanted attention, ruining my own car or shooting the odd innocent bystander.

Though to be fair I was always doing stupid shit in ARMAII because of the controls. I never really got used to them where they became second nature. It always took me ages to get my inventory sorted out and more often than not I would destroy things by putting them into a backpack which was too small.

17. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

It's saved my life a lot

18. Trickster

Engine is really nice. Things are super fluid. It actually feels pretty wonderful. Wasteland is a little disappointed but there's not much more to be expected in such a tiny space at such an early stage. I guess when they unlock the main island we'll see some pretty incredible shit.

19. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

how is hit registration?

20. Fooshi

I haven't gotten around testing the hit reg properly as of yet, but from the tiny amount of experience I had with it, there are massive improvements. With ragdolls (finally) implemented, kills go by a lot smoother and you don't end up emptying an entire mag into someone before the animation actually starts.

Performance isn't half bad either. My rig (AMD 1055T, 2.8Ghz x 6, 560ti, 6GB) runs it smoothly, but does have some performance issues in the heat of combat with FPS going as low as 20. Average would be around 30-50, though. I currently run it at a mix of standard / high with AA and post-processing disabled. I expect performance improvements as they release patches and nVidia don't fuck up with DX11 games on my range of cards.

As for Wasteland, shit's still giving me 20 FPS max like in W for ARMA 2. How's your FPS in Wasteland / ARMA 2? Include CPU as well. I think this might be CPU related.