Are there any plan to upgrade the mini map?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rexz, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Rexz

Rexz Member

Currently, buildings and such on the mini map are pretty much all squares. Will we ever get to see different icon that represent different units on the mini map?

Something like

Square = refinery
    Triangle =barrack
    Circle = VF

Pretty simple, and could be helpful!

I did a search but I didn't really see any suggestion like this so im asking now.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I wouldn't like to see something like this, unless the nature of the building is revealed through scout binocs.

It's all well and good us seeing on the minimap what the enemy has, but that's privy information and should be treated as such. Hardly ever does the whole team know what building they are coming up to, even if it's marked, so I think it should be restricted to a scout class feature - only revealable to the team through binoculars marking.

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

You realize you can see your own buildings on the minimap, don't you?

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I suggested this in the tester fourms already.. Also ikalx if you spot somthing it say's what the building is(enemy radar spotted!).. So I dunno why it should be private..

I also suggested that the icons change size with zoom so its not all bunched up and easier too see.. AND! lol all the mini maps need to be updated with the area codes(e2,c4)

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yeah...well ok, I did think about that. But anythin' to help da scout don't ya know :p Buildings get revealed on the map due to simple uncovering too don't they? Mebbe symbols should be mark only?

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I like this idea. Allows you to quickly size up which building is under attack based on the minimap and what buildings are nearby.