Application Thread for Empires Machinima Team.

Discussion in 'General' started by Centron, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Centron

Centron Member

Due to my recent desire to create an Empires Machinima as well as the recent post about the need for a viral video for Empires, I have decided to create the Empires Machinima Team, or EMT for short.

The goal of this team is to create quality Machinima videos based on the Empires Mod on the same level of other Machinima groups, such as The PWNed Life and Red vs Blue (May as well shoot for the stars).

If you are interested in applying, positions are wide open. If you are interested in applying, post in this thread with your desired position and any experience you might have. I do not need die-hard professionals that give their life up to this, but I would like a small to medium-sized group of hard-working individuals who will be loyal to the team and know the ropes of their position. You may have more than one position (ex Writer and Voice Actor; Web host and Actor)

Currently these positions are available:

Writer
    - Will create new series and scenarios for our characters to act out. Must bring creative and fun ideas to the table on a regular basis. Will also help in directing the videos once in-game.

Voice Actors
    - Will use their voice (duh) to bring life into the characters created by the writers, and will also be acting out any choreography (jumping, driving, etc) while in-game. A voice actor with a broad range of 'personalities' is plus.

Cameraman/Editor - Will capture video in-game and edit it. Will also be in charge of any music/sound effects for the video. Experience in video and sound editing as well as a fast computer for capturing high-quality video is a major plus.

Empires Server Host
    - Someone to loan us a server for filming on. This role may be rotated among several people according to who is available.

Web Host - Not an urgently needed role, but an important one nonetheless. Will host the EMT website which will mirror the videos as well as have its own forums where we can move this application thread :p

If you want to apply, please post your Steam Account Name so I can add you on SteamFriends.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Tried it already. Went downhill and died fast.

But I'd be happy to go cameraman.
    I can also host a 5man server, not much but if we don't get anyone else volunteering you'll have a server at least.

3. Centron

Centron Member

I am very determined to make this group work, I just need to get a crew together.

What camera/editing experience do you have?

4. Empty

Empty Member

Very little but I'm willing to learn. I'd also be a great Australian voice but my mic is low quality so scrap that.

I still don't understand why actors isn't on the list.

5. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

At first, I wanted to sign up untill I read that.
    Sorry, but lagging around with a 200-300 ping isn't that good. We should do it on KM again imo.

6. Inside

Inside Member

Meh, the server that it's on isn't important. What's more important is first a) the plot b) the actors. So, definitely count me in.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

You should ask Evan about renewing the league site and using that to host your files.

8. Centron

Centron Member

That is a good idea, Arklansman.

As for the game server, the MAD server is the only thing I can be pretty sure I can have access to. I honestly don't mind which server we use as long as we have at least one person on the team who is an admin for that server so we can switch maps/lock the server.

*EDIT*
    Also, Lollum, server aside, what would you like to do on the team?

*EDIT again*
    Also, if you apply here, please supply your SteamFriends name so I can add you.

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I'd be happy to try my hand at writing some stuff

10. Centron

Centron Member

Ok, Empty, Inside, and Lollum (if you are still interested), please PM me with your account name so I can add you on SteamFriends.

11. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

id love to act, my voice seems like the perfect one for a coward.

12. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I can do a great bad russian accent :)

13. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

I can be any character that is not talking.. I have no mic nor do I care to supply my delicious voice :)
    oh my steam is just kill3rtomato

14. Empty

Empty Member

Been chatting with centron, he just disappeared for some reason. Anyway we been chatting and we've decided to make a short music video to begin with.

The track will be Song 2. The contents have been brainstormed, but there's no date etc. set. I'll be our cameraman, and probably server host [so I get smooth stuff, and I can enable cheats.]

I'm not in charge though, so Centron will fill you all in on anything else later.

15. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I'm in too, Centron!!!!

I've got an alright Russian accent.

And I can act pretty alright, depending on what you need...especially if you need good tank drivers.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  16. Centron

Centron Member

Sorry about dropping, my Steam has been conspiring with my internet to fuck with me even more lately, so I killed them both in their sleep and reinstalled. :D

*PS*
    Ok Q, you can join.

17. Empty

Empty Member

I've finished the modified version of song 2 with the added BE words.

18. Centron

Centron Member

Wow, good work! Glad you got it done so quickly, I will be back later today. Can't wait to hear it!

19. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I'm applying for the lead writer position.

Portfolio: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=3739

Thank you for your nice post Centron, but I am actually a Brenodi Grenadier. Who was born to kill; Clearly you have mistaken me for some sort of... Wine sipping communist dick suck; and although peace PROBABLY appeals to tree loving bisexuals like you, and your parents. I happen to be, a death dealing blood crazed warrior who wakes up every day, JUST HOPING for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations... Peace sucks a hairy asshole Centron... War, is the Mother Fucking answer!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  20. Centron

Centron Member

:eek: I couldn't help but think you were insulting me with that...
    On second thought, knowing you, you probably were. ;)

But if you could write something a little bit lighter and funny, that would probably more of the line that we will be taking the series, but there is always the chance we will do some dramatic/dark vids as well.

Anyways, as a writer, FUCKING HIRED! As lead writer, we will see. ;)