APC spawn Points spawn with full ammo after research

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Metal Smith, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

The research for APC spawn points should spawn you with full ammo.

This would make APC spawn points more worth the time of research, and then the cost of research could be adjusted to how much is a good sink for the ability.

To Clarify:

This is to add the spawning with full ammo after a certain research is complete. So, after you get heavy tanks, for example, you can then spawn in the APC with full ammo. APC's are quite versatile, and this would really help them remain the jack of all trades vehicle throughout the game.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

how did this get insta-sticky? There wasn't even a discussion on this yet?

edit: guess someone was Fing around... its un-stickied now.

3. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

It is planned for 2.25 (and I think already done), that APC spawn is for free.
    (I hope that this will be changed before release)

And it would be overpowered if you also would spawn with full ammo.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Can we just bring back APC spawns.
    We all know why that happened.

HSM won a few rounds with APC rushes against devs and they got butthurt and removed them.

APC spawns should be researched by default. They're an important, but highly situational tool and nobody wants to waste valuable time and money getting them because they may turn a match in your favour, or they may do NOTHING.

5. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I for one, would love if they came back. :X

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

a compromise would be that the apc has to be stationary to spawn

but if possible i want the normal apc back that spawns at gamestart

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

APC spawns were thinking about being tied to radar building, I believe...which incidentally, was an awesome idea.

Lol...just lol.

8. Omneh

Omneh Member

I suggested a while ago that building a radar should unlock APC spawns automatically, meaning APC rushes wouldn't be a problem unless you are starting with 1500 res. However, you would be guaranteed APC spawns unless your commander doesn't know how to place radars.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

You're confused.

HSM won a few rounds rushing with apcs when Krenzo was playing. Krenzo then nerfed apc health.

Removing spawns had nothing to do with that.

10. OuNin

OuNin Member

needs more "logistics" tree which comes for free when you make the radar

11. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I agree, this seems like the best and easiest remedy, it's not uncommon for you to need just a building before you can make something else in RTS games

12. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Actually, I only played with krenzo 1 or 2 times while doing a rush. but I performed around 200 APC rushes before it was nerfed...granted I failed a many times, but I succeeded many more...and still succeeded many more after the nerf. Only with the advent of Increased commander armor truly nerfed the APC rush but...it still happens occasionaly. :3

13. OuNin

OuNin Member

just implement it as some free, instant research so that it reads well to players.

having a radar =ing having spawn apcs isn't that clear

14. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

If you add it in the description, it should be easy enough. First time commanders might not know everything right away, bu that's expected. Hell, I didn't even know the radar was for research the very first 2-3 games I played...ever.

I know we all say people are stupid, but it's not that. They are ignorant. If they remain ignorant however, then they are fucking retarded. >_>

15. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

well only the commander may have some confusion about it at the begining, all the other players for all they know the commander is actually researching APCs like they research any other vehicle.

plus new players have no idea wtf is going on with most stuff, they're worried about how to make a turret, walls or making a ref. Not building APCs for spawns.

Maybe I should make it more clear how I think it should be done. Make APCs in GENERAL unbuildable until you get a radar, then you just get apcs once you build a radar and they just automatically have APC spawn. Take APC spawn out of the picture and just make radar research APCs by default, then it totally just makes sense to everyone. Cause wtf is the point of paper apcs with no spawn, nothing, absolutly nothing.

16. OuNin

OuNin Member

keef, I like.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what does the ever stand for

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

No no no, the point of the thread wasn't whether making APC spawn at start or not.

Idea was to make, after a certain research, APC spawn points also spawn you with full ammo so that in late game you can still spawn in an APC when near a front line of heavies without having to sit in it for 10 seconds to get your ammo to fight said heavies.

APC's are one of the most versatile vehicles in the game, and should somehow be able to scale up with tank chassis. Right now they do pretty well, as they have 3 plates and can equip many good weapons. But if you could add in spawning with full ammo as either it's own research or as something that comes with a research like heavy tanks, it would be quite fun.

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

While that's neat an' all Metal Smith, don't you think it'd be better if you spawned with full ammoz on a new ticket?

Oh and...there's a reason this is not done - yup you guess it, to prevent rushes.

20. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If it isn't active until medium or heavy tanks, it's not really a rush. If you can break through all your enemies defenses without dying attacking the enemies main base and not be killed,
    you get the point.

By the time the research is active (preferably heavies), Rushing with an APC shouldn't be instant win.