APC nerf : Deploy Troops

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bitchslap, Sep 2, 2007.

1. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

If there's any remaining concerns about the constant apc rush aspect of recent RC's i will suggest this

A 'Troop Deploy' button for the driver of the apc that dumps everyone out except the driver which will either

a) restrict anyone whose in an apc from getting out on their own (people won't like this but it is a cool/realistic idea) as in you jump in and you cant get out till the driver deploys (opens the door)

or

b) people can still jump out when they want but only if the vehicle is at a full stop which will help slow down the attack a little and the 6-7 grenadiers might not get a chance to hop out

2. supaste

supaste Member

This whole apc rush nerf is stupid, the way to stop it is to reduce starting res therefore stopping an apc rush.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

Is that a joke post, or has that already happened? Wouldn't surprise me if it did :p

J/k. I kid HSM ;)

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You start with 100 res. You want to start with 0? How about negative starting res?

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

having the APC stopped before troops can come out, or having it so you loose health if you jump out at high speed would be good.

6. supaste

supaste Member

well as far as im aware the most apc rushed map is Emp_Mvalley and you have extra starting resources. Unless this has been changed.

7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

How about a func_clip_vphysics that blocks all vehicles from going out of the base for 5 minutes.

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Whats with the nerfing spree? When I was commanding earlier I wanted an APC to spearhead a charge to break out of a turret spammed situation and instead I said "Shit... Get a LT instead APC's are nerfed right now" meaning it wouldnt make it out of there...

Quit trying to nerf stuff >.<

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

APC's are supposed to be behind a wall and turrets, so i don't get why it should spearhead an assault.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

APC behind wall and turrets, why? If mobile spawn point (and source of ammo) is closer to enemy it's better. If you give it 1 hull health, 0.00001 armor plates and 1k res cost we'll still attack with it.

I think that some people should play more before saying anything...

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The APC is not a tank, it shouldn't be able to fight close to the enemy base and manage to do serious damage.

12. Chahk

Chahk Member

No hopping out unless stopped or slowed down would do wonders to curb drive-by ninjaing. Same speed as required to run someone over would be fine. And that should apply to pretty much every vehicle.

13. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

If drive-by is too hard for defenders to destroy, maybe change the RPG missile turning ability when guiding?

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

an APC is designed to ferry troops across a battlefield and deploy them in the right position, making them die AT the battlefield instead of somewhere behind the lines...

Now if you nerf the APC so much that it can't do that...

15. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I like bitchslap´s idea. Maybe give it an get in/out-animation like it is in GTA. And if you get out while the APC is at full speed, you will lose the half of your health.

16. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Yes maybe that so you will lose your health depeding on the speed of an APC 100-80% of the full speed = instant kill. 79-50% = you lose half of your health. 49-20% You lose 1/3 of your health and 19-0% = you don't lose your health.

And that func wall for 5 mins doesn't work. Imaginate the amount of APCs you can spawn in your base while waiting for the 5 mins to go to start rushing.

Also that wouldn't work because you can always place your VF elsewhere.

And if you make it cover the whole map... it would be as good as the time limit which I have been saying for temporary solution.

17. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Mr weedy: no timelimit for fucks sake. Maybe remove VF and play with infantry only? Would be easier to balance.

If you want to slow down the APC why does it only have 80 hull health points?

And when playing on the maps with lots of people (and lots of res) you have more resources for tanks, turrets, walls and more people - some can defend, some of them can move forward and take refs.

If I say to use turrets you start to whine that I turret farming is needed to play at all. If I say use grenadiers then you say that APC is moving too fast. If I say to use tanks then you say that vehicles are needed to counter vehicle attack. Just keep rushing on the test server and you'll get some better ideas.

18. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

JUST ADD A FEW PRE-BUILT MISSILE LAUNCHER TURRETS AT STARTING BASES, JESUS CHRIST. You don't have to nerf the APC itself to prevent APC rushing. APCs will end up being completely useless and shit, if you keep making them more vulnerable and harder to use!

19. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Prebuilt turrets will get destroyed in 10-20 s when good team is attacking you. My "final" idea is to make APC base cost 150 and keep AFV and LT cost as it is now.

20. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

How about disabling APCs initially, and making them researchable?