Anyone want to play a game of titan quest?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by katana9000, Jan 24, 2008.

1. katana9000

katana9000 Member

I know its an older game. But according to everyone its 10x better to play it through with friends. (text removed)

For those that don't know, Titan quest is a large scale rpg with a very long campaign that can be played with several friends or by yourself. (I know it supports at least 4 people perhaps more.) It has an absurd number of items, armor, weapons, you can collect and a huge array of creatures to kill. Not the greatest game ever made by a long shot. But excellent for co-op play with friends.

So is anyone interested? I'm off of work all week so I can play according to your schedules. Also I can provide a torrent in case you don't have it. And if need be host it on my web server.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  2. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

Hamachi.

I dont have it, cuz i dont want it, cuz i dont like it, cuz its bad. RPG's are supposed to be played alone, but always reward you with fun when playing with friends. Titan Quests singleplayer sucks so i really dont wanna play it online either. Even if i did want to play it online, i dont have the room for it :)

3. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Shame. I do agree the single player isn't that fun. It was obviously designed for multiplayer co-op with all its various classes that give buffs (Which are useless in SP.) (Much like Unreal 3 was designed for multiplayer but has a singleplayer anyway.)

Anyway, thanks for reminding me of that programs name. For some reason I always forget the name.

4. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

got the game + addon lets arrange a good time and moar ppl though

5. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Ah great. Perhaps you can answer something for me. How many players does it support max?

Anyway pretty much ANY time is ok with me. (This week anyway.) And I agree. Need more than two people. ^^

6. thaile

thaile Member

Wikipedia saids it'll support 6-7 player

7. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

I have to dl titan from TPB :P. Unless a lot of people are also gonna play, then I rather play SupCom and CnC3.

Edit: Out all next week? If so, I can dl it in time.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  8. WaVe

WaVe Member

eww cnc3, 1 unit spam gaym. Ladder sucks too. Cheaters.

i haz TQ & Immortal Throne. Hamachi pwns.

Titan Quest supports 6-8 players, maybe 8 in expansion that I installed and never tried.

TQ got boring when every other server had noobs with modded/hacked items like Copper Seal (+100% exp -100% item requirements etc. etc. format C"

But sure, I can play when I'm not playing Empires. Only got some lvl 25-30+ chars.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Oh yeah Co-Op ftmfw lemme dl it

EDIT: Hack & Slash? Aww man I thought this was some kind of gigantic Baldur's Gate :(

10. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Its actually a bit between rpg and hack and slash. It has all the (dps, +6 health bracers, etc.) type stuff. With 8 different classes of which you can choose two of to make a unique class. Its definitly not pure hack and slash but does focus around fighting non stop. (Has an enchanting system, and a completely random loot generator so you can get an item that NOBODY else may get.) It does have some flaws however. First if you multi-play it auto-balances the difficulty to the number of players. So you either stick together or you'll find it REALLY hard solo. Some cool things however are that you can indeed be on opposite sides of the game world. (Which is ABSURDLY huge) The game will also take you a month of solid play to complete. And some people have been playing for more than two years and not reached max level. Also you can use your characters both in and out of multi-play. So you can advance level in sigle player and then use him and all his eqipment in multi-play. I can't believe I missed this game. Thank god for torrents. (I loved it so much I went out and bought it today along with the expansion.) Also you can use your character from the first game and import him into the expansion for an entire other game.

11. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

I played that game to the max of my ability to withstand that game.

(im tired)

12. @@@@ACE@@@@

@@@@ACE@@@@ Member

hey i would

hey i would be up for a game of it on the expansion(forgot name) i got it but never got around to playing it and yea its only good with you know or use team work

13. WaVe

WaVe Member

Dungeon Siege is the best rpg/hack n slash game ever.

It's longer than Titan Quest, 6-8 players, awsum co-op playing, (Through single-player world, plus another huge multiplayer world) free character development etc. etc.

But TQ is fun too.

14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

[Quagmire]Awwright[/Quagmire] download's done and I'm installing now

15. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Ok, i just started on the game. It's like Diablo 2, but with greek mythology. Awesome.

Does anyone want to start a hamachi game on Sunday?