Ammo Crate Supply Limitation

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Awpolt, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Hi folks,

I suggest that the Engineer's Supply Crate be altered to limit the amount of supply that is available throughout its lifetime.

We've all seen the absurd abuse of standing by a crate and constantly spamming it. Personally, this does not make for good game play. This is taking advantage of a cheesy implementation.

Possible alternatives:

1) Limit the amount of supply that a single player can obtain per crate (each player has a maximum)
    2) Limit the amount of supply per crate for all players (each crate has a maximum)
    3) Dramatically reduce the spawn duration of the crate

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: What about vehicles?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I think it's pretty arcadey as it is but that isn't inherently a problem. It has a long cool down and only lasts for 20 seconds so it's not like it's a big problem, just helps take down a refinery every 160? seconds

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Cooldown on it at 0pts is already retard level.

4. Avatarix

Well, this would make grenadiers useful when destroying buildings (with big amount of morar ammo), but made restocking pretty hard. The time limit is not that long, so for me this is what could be changed. And the cooldown is pretty decent, so for me there is nothing to change. As Devo said, this game is pretty arcadey, you want to change barrels in vehicle MG's too?

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why not just change the resuply time of the nades in question? i assume mainly seismics, but any nade can be spammed, so HE aswell. which are the only two spamable nades left anyway.

if you cant restock on nades at least as fast as you can throw them, you cant spam them from boxes anymore. or at least you have time inbetween.

what if it has limited ammo and there are 3 engis it can be the same as now (ofc with coordination).
    but isnt it team effort? well yes, but that also means you mainly account for players that are quite organized and not the average. (tho empires average is a bit skewed. its mainly people who play this for quite a while)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

As a full-time engi, I think it has too high cooldown at 0 points and too low cooldown at 60+ points.

I'd say 180 secs at 0 points.
    80 secs max.

Lasts for 100 secs(currently 120 secs)

7. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I prefer the idea of it being limited by how much it can give out to everyone.
    If 1% of it's 'stock' was used up for every set of bullets/RPG/vehicle ammo given out, most would never see their limit. But add onto that exponentially growing cost for every additional spammable item given out (HE and seismic grenades pretty much), and you would not be able to spam from it for sustained amounts of time. Dropping a box to take down a ref would still be just fine, even taking down a rax would have plenty of ammo to spare, but if there's an engy with full calculator juice and repair upgrade inside the rax you might not be able to outdamage them long enough to take it down. If there was a simple bar like the defusal popup, it would be an easy concept to grasp for everyone.

That being said, in terms of practical changes I don't think changing the cooldown or lifetime is going to enhance anything. It's long lifetime makes it nice as a focal point for less organized players while attacking or defending, and the cooldown will never really change how it's used.