Allow Passengers to reload their weapons

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by Sprayer2708, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

As the title says, id like passengers of vehicles (who are not looking out of the turret) to be allowed to reload their weapons. I dislike the idea of jumping out of an apc with a half-loaded or fully unloaded gun because u had to jump in without the opportunity to reload before.

Also, id like the weapons of passengers (this time i mean the guy looking out of the turret) to be declared as infantry weapons and not as vehicle weapons. What do i mean by that?
    Simple, since I am using "2" to choose my Sidearm (the Pistol) and "1" to choose my maingun as infantrymen, it is backwards when im a passenger. This would be nice to be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2010
  2. jongscx

jongscx Member

...seconded.

Don't we gain ammo when around an APC too? does that happen when you're a passenger?

3. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

4th, as long as it's not "jump and out within 1 second, all weapons reloaded".

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

5th

It's always a pain in the ass because you are most of the time jumping out at the enemy base or somewhere with lots of action.

6. Trickster

It would also be nice if you could change your drawn weapon in the apc using the number keys or scrolling (it shows the icon at the side to tell you what you have out). That way, I don't have to re-enter the vehicle to make sure I come out with my seismics if it's a CV, or my main anti-inf weapon if it's anything else.

7. Trickster

Moving, but adding a note about the responses.

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

this needs like a time elapse bar to show reloading time while inside a vehicle. this should also apply for reloading vehicle weapons too blah blah

9. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

One year passed now, makes me wonder if it gets implemented at all.

10. Empty

Empty Member

Requires code support.
    I might put it on the feature tracker but no promises.

11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

sprayer shit never gets done here, THIS IS EMPIRES, not sparta.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

shutup

13. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

shit totally gets done

just make it three seconds, no bar, another piece of secret info that you must learn through pain and suffering

14. Trickster

I'd probably prefer a system which totted up the total time to reload all your weapons that need reloading, and also reloaded them in an order based on the percentage of the clip you had used (100% in case of mortar/rpg, 50/100% on shotty, and then regular percentages on other weapons). Pretty complicated but, the other option is to simply have it take 10 seconds so it'd encompass everything. But then, getting out at 9 seconds would be pretty annoying, in the same way that having to change your weapon 0.0001s before the animation finishes loses you your reload is annoying.

Also, would it count for driving? I know this thread is about passengers but, I'm just wondering what the thoughts are on that.

15. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

at the moment it reloads one weapon at a time, yes? so why not reload all weapons at same time over a period of 10 seconds or so(if possible)?

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

didnt you learn at driving school that reloading a gun while driving is illegal :eek:

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Since APC drivers don't get health and ammo, drivers in general probably shouldn't get reloads either.

Not that I agree with the current state of APC driver health/ammo, but that should probably be used as a model for this sort of thing.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wouldn't make sense while driving, unless if these were actually trench crossing tanks that went 5 mph. Plus the driver doesn't necessarily have to pop out and shoot bitches, he gets a big fat gun.

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

driver could get a reload only if there are passengers. They load his gun for him if they are not getting reloaded. Bros help bros.

20. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I think reloading is automatic because in a futuristic world of nanobots they know how to stack ammo so it falls into the chamber.

Although I don't know how they create a black hole of unlimited ammo in every single tank.