Air Craft or Ships

Discussion in 'General' started by Fallen-Hero, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

Ships??

Edited for comments on Ship ideas

I believe Ship combat would be most interesting
    You would have 2 stationary battle ships with a in hanger area which players can build there boats, multiple spawns for faster movement, Deck guns for repelling enemy boats attempting to siege which can be a easy re formating of the tank system just take out the movement and keep the rotating gun.

And to give it a goal and challenge players must infiltrate enemy ship to disable multiple defenses before there main ship can siege it with its deck guns

Vehicles would include:
    A APC like boat which would be the same as a regular but the players are more open so yes if the enemy gets the drop on you they can gun down any one inside

A light combat ship with a small deck gun and about 4 player slots
    A heavy Combat ship with more fire power and less player slots

and 1 Cruiser for each team which is more like a barracks out in the water than you can lose if poor guard is kept.

So in technicality its just creating new models for the current vehicles and doing them so for water movement

I don't want any Mean or rude Reply
    Only comment on this post with the interest of liking the idea or desire to add in a few idea's you have your self on it

Also I believe the APC should go in the water that or have a amphibious personnel carrier

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You really should have done research about this before your post..

The map size wont be a problem.. Neither will lag as far as I kno and krenzo is doing all the coding and hes really good at it.. Thats one big reason why this mod is awesome.. And ships will be added after aircraft

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Ships would be nice, but I've never seen it done on the Source engine before (aside from Pirate Ship Wars for garrysmod). Aircraft have been done before, and map size is not really an issue once 16x maps are ready. I think aircraft would lag less because they are not colliding with anything (I'm not a Source programmer yet though, so I could be wrong). The Orange Box engine has some enhancements as well.

It's done.

4. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

And Blimbs.

5. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

Yea you guys are right I am outa date on my research but it the thought that counts

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Aircraft: theres dll's that change scale. Large aircraft maps will usually use a 16x scale, making EVERYTHING SIXTEEN TIMES SMALLER. All maps using it will be made to match the scale, but can also chose from other (I believe 8x is an option)

7. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

its just picturing when you got 20 heavy's doing a siege i start to get a lil lag as is and i know other who do to its just the thought of all that while trying air combat seams ehh killer

8. o_O

o_O Member

I think that sort of lag depends on the server. It takes enormous server resources and bandwidth to keep track of 48 people, a couple dozen tanks, tons of buildings and sprawling turret farms, and whatever else it has to keep track of. Thats one of the reasons lots of servers have, or used to have limits on vehicles and turrets. My guess is any lag would be more noticeable in aircraft because they move faster and require more control.

9. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

If there is a massive air assault, it wont be on a map where using tanks makes any sense. just 3-phase jeeps and halftracks.

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Client-side vehicles. if that happens, it will all fall into place nicely.

11. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

Here is a random thought. Unique vehicles in the map like a modified BE jeep with a machine gun mount that any one who finds can use but once it is destroyed it is gone for the rest of that round.

Im kinda turning this thread into a place to throw idea's

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Woooo client side vehicles!! Bring back the nuke LT!

13. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Emp_Recruit, that had to do with the server not checking some stuff.

You obviously either don't know what's meant by "client-side vehicles", or you're intentionally being an ass.

Also, Fallen-Hero...

I'm sure there are good intentions in that noggin of yours, and good ideas knocking around in there some, but PLEASE crawl this forum some and use the search feature before posting any more ideas. This forum's been running a LONG time, and a LOT of stuff's been suggested already. It'd help you out to know ahead of time whether or not an idea you're suggesting is already going to be implemented someday or has already been shot down by the dev team.

14. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

The reason vehicles lag is because they are on the ground and in constant contact with the map. Aircraft aren't limited by this.

15. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

The reason vehicles lag is because of all the pollution the vehicles give off is dissolving the ozone and letting in extra UV light that melts the server.

16. pedro0930

pedro0930 Member

That's why all commander should research 3-phase electric motor. 0-Emission cars ftw

17. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

thank you count the shells and grayclay88 for finally saying some thing I actually wanted to know that has practice use

This thread is for ideas and opinions that have to do with Aircraft or ships
    Im not just throwing down random ideas i get for the slightest chance that a team guy might read it im throwing them out there off my head for my self and other players who want to have some opinion on the subject not just a bunch of put downs of some thing I did wrong or that you don't like so if you don't like the idea that i might be talking about a idea that has already been shot down or put out there then just leave the thread and don't read it again nor reply to it for your unusefull comments have no place nor are wanted by me.

18. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

So bassically ship talk ^.^

Is there a thread for ships already?

I've got an idea, lets make it paper sciccors rocks to be retarded ^.^

Vehicles Beat Aircraft, Aircraft beats boats, boats beat vehicles and blimbs beat EVRYTHING!!! ^.^

They should've had blimbs since 1.0 but NOOO! They'd rather have laggy vehicles =.= *pout*

19. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Now see here, sir, I never wrote a single put-down about you!

Besides which, "unusefull" comments are entirely within the eye of the reader.

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member