After a year of playing other games ...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Silk, Feb 9, 2014.

1. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Gracias amigo!

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

You shouldn't have to, and that's what I've been spending the past several months trying to fix. And for a "secret code", it's painfully easy to find it.

Except people are doing it. And people are still playing. It's not as many as I'd like, but more people would rather just use the workaround and play the game instead of waiting for us to fix it.

If it's a secret code, it's quite possibly one of the worst kept secrets I've ever seen. It's in people's signatures, it's on the front-page of the website, anyone who asks how to launch the game gets an answer. I suppose we could put something in the official Steam group, but it's not hidden or anything.

Also, when you launch Empires through Steam, you're launching it through Source SDK 2007 anyway. It always uses the hl2.exe file in the Source 2007 folder, the only difference is how it's accessed.

3. FN198

FN198 Member

you just don't get it man. the game had problems getting new players already. now it's just totally over. i'm calling it a secret because no matter how hard you publicize it, it's a bunch of bullshit that no new player (let alone most vets) will ever do. this forum and the steam page might as well be invisible. empiresmod is run through source, no shit we all already knew that. it's just fucking counterintuitive to have to hack the 2007 engine demo in order to play the game.

hell, the only time people even give our mod a second look is when we have a game of 32-64 people going (the frequency of which is less than biweekly). if they want to join, they're going to need to be a fucking detective and REALLY want to play a game that they know nothing about that has NO hype whatsoever. even if they do join, they'll be in an empty server by the time they figure it out.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

What are you even trying to achieve here FN? Candles already said all that there is to be said - he's working on the fix, and the workaround is spread around everywhere. There's literally nothing else to add to it, and your bitching doesn't change anything. If it's too much for you to comprehend, "get over it out of the game", as Ikalx said. All you're doing here is spreading negativity and that helps nobody.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

why would you bother with that

ctr shift escape
    S
    delete

3 seconds tops

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Sometimes I want to close Empires but not close Steam. It doesn't take more than maybe 15 seconds to launch Empires and wait for it to fail too.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

They are losers. Look at me, I first played 2.23 which if anyone remembers the gameinfo.txt file was broken so you couldn't launch the game, but I went to the forums and got the fix which was to edit the file a little. Now I'm the best empires player in my entire town.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

Bitch I'm the best Empires player in Cracow, and if I practice hard enough, in the country.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I'm the best Empires player in Taiwan, get on my level.

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I was going to make some smartass comment about being the best player in Ohio. Then mention that Ohio is three times bigger than Taiwan.

But then I remembered about Predator...

Then I figured I could call myself the best com in Ohio, but then I remembered about hobbes....

So just know that I really wanted to make a smartass comment, but I can't and it kinda kills me. I can't get on your level.

[​IMG]

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I'm the best drunk commander in Örebo.
    Inb4 mrFaggot calls me.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

wait what, I thought pred was hungarian.

M00Tant was never that great and z10000m has evolved into rusty old vet who barks about the good ol' days and getting off his lawn.

13. ImSpartacus

Fuck I don't remember the 3rd player from Ohio, but there IS one. Lamer? Commie?

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

The only Predators I can think of are EPIC Predator from Hungary and that I think Russian guy that was a pub star a few months back.

Grant, there was also Zealoth, and Zoom can beat me no problem :p

15. ImSpartacus

I remember now! It's Predom!

...I think

16. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

??????

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would rather keep plasma.

Just make it very effective vs troops. That way its a troll vs tanks and its anti-troop. I wana see those soldiers lit on fire! Honestly it should be possible since HL2 can light ppl on fire.

18. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

He is, except he lives in Sweden.

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

he is a hungry sweed?

20. FN198

FN198 Member

might have been someone else i guess. maybe i'm just psychic and i agree with your unspoken opinion on the future of plasma in empiresmod.