Advacned Factories

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Shinzon, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

In order to build tanks (Medium, Heavy, Arty, and any other "Heavy" chassis) an advanced factory must be built; so let me explain this idea further:

Veichle Factory:
    Produces light veichles, like AVF's, APC's and jeeps. This will use a new model and be smaller in size then a repair pad; have less HP, and will cost less. Side notes: Im not sure about the NF light tank as it is the workhorse of their army, and drawing out the distance it takes for the BE to catch up may prove to be fatal; but on the other hand it might increase the feeling of the BE underestimating the NF, so It realy feels like the entire brenodi army is responding in the late game
    Advanced Veichle Factory: Uses the current model, and can only build Medium, Heavy, Arty and other "Heavy" tanks. Same stats as now.

Pro's:
    -You can get creative with this, making the sides more asymetrical (Ex: The NF may not need an advanced factory to get their Light's rolling)

-Will drag out the infantry dependancy of each map significantly; will make more for encounters where 2 APC's act as spawn points for 2 armies to duke it out, while under light armor support; instead of tanks rolling through

-Will create a visual representation of ressearch being done; It is always very exciting to see a new structure appear late into the game.

Con's (All workload points aside):-Will make it hard for a team that has made a mistake harder to recover

-Could throw the current resourse system off

-Might make the sides un-ballanced, as the NF primary tank is avalable from the start

2. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

This works.
    Frankly using the current VF idea is nice but no matter how hard you try, you don't feel like you researched a lot unless you get new buildings.

3. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

I disagree, this gives too much power to the NF. BE will NEVER EVER build the regular VF unless it's an APC rush.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

The AFV isn't that bad, is it? well, i guess it is. but... hmm.

Makes me think that we should have left the BE AR as almighty and powerful. or leave it as it is, to signify the advanced ground weaponary of BE.

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I think BE should be quite powerfull at the end... a sort of a steamroller effect; but untill then they are quite weak

6. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

BE needs moar dual nukes imo >_>

7. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

Sounds like a -pretty- good idea to me. I like

8. Glockmeister

Glockmeister Member

You could also make the Adv Factory bigger as well, so that we could expand the size of the tanks (particularly the Heavy Tank, which looks... smallish atm

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

other buildings should get an advanced version too, but maybe now is not the time to discuss that.

what about make it so that big vehicles need the advanced VF and smaller vehicles like the jeep need a normal VF... But the heavy tanks need to be enlarged though

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Deja Vu anyone?

what about BE not needing the Adv one? then they wouldn't have a disadvantage, but their VF would take longer to build

11. FalconX

FalconX Developer

So, my question is:

Why?

The current system emphasizes the players. Research is focused on them, and they see and can use the unlocks directly. The commander is (or, at least, should be), an inherently abstracted role. If, as commander, you do not see the results of your research, then either you aren't paying any attention to the game or your team hasn't figured out how to use them yet. Advanced buildings take away the glory of the game's emphasis on the soldiers by placing more emphasis on the building aspect, rather than teamwork aspect, of the commander's role.

So, why?

I furthermore disagree with the idea that one side or another should be dominant in any part of the game. The sides should be balanced at every point, so that at every point in a game a show of skill by the players will tip the balance.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Well put, i agree, falcon.