Add link to manual on front page

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

There's a link to the wiki, but that's long and not organised well for new players.

lets have a link to http://www.empiresmod.com/help on the front page at the side also with the name "Manual"

It seems like no-one knows where the manual is, and whats more, even I didn't know about it until very recently.

also, it'll be good to show people that havn't downloaded what the game is like.

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

bump

does anyone agree? or disagree? this was about to disappear off the suggestions section.

3. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

i'd rather it be placed on the front page, perhaps between team and wiki

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

thats what i was thinking mindfreak. not everyone knows that the wiki is also a kinda disorganised manual.

5. Cheezy

Cheezy Member

The Wiki is better and more up-to-date imo.
    Put in the "Getting started" from the manual to the wiki is all that is needed.

The manual is exactly like the wiki, except the wiki has more information like listing armor weaknesses and strenghts and other stuff.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i like the manual because it's easy to use, as it guides you to each section in turn and doesn't add any more information than you need to be able to get into the game. when you first get the game, knowing weaknesses of armours and stuff is just confusing.