About that collision damage

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, May 29, 2006.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

So what has been decided over it? Is it getting removed like wished?

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I haven't heard a single complaint about it since 1.05?

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Then you've been lucky. Tanks still blow up when they bump into turrets, walls or whatever other buildings. I just managed to blow up a mildly damaged heavy tank with maximum composite armor layers, by slightly touching a crate while trying to drive backwards on a repair pad. Same happened when I was carefully, slowly driving artillery forwards, and I hit a turret. Once I saw this medium tank explode right after driving down the ramp of the VF - he hit a wall piece (the smallest wall part you can make, the pillar or whatever) which was placed there to make people not fall into a certain crater which happened to be near the VF ramp.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  4. Jimather

Jimather Member

ill second this, i have rolled at walking pace into things and blown up in 1.05. conversely i have driven at full speed into trees and not taken any noticeable damage.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

seems to be bugged

6. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Yeah... Very much so, I drove a jeep straight into some tree's and didnt take any damage at all.

Then on the way back I accidentilly touched a crater with my front wheel and did a weird spin into a wall and blew up

Really annoys me.. :(

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yeh, dont remember how much damage it took with enemy structures, but friendly structure collision damage hasnt changed since 1.04

8. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

I do not have a problem till I use a jeep. Even using a three phase engine no problem... but if your barroling in at full speed, I hope you explode... but if you slow down like I do, I have no problems.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i, once blew up an apc while changing from forward driving to backward, no object in way or enemy killing me, it yust died

10. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

I do wish it would go away or traction would at least go up on jeeps while maintining their ability to move quickly and turn quickly. It would be nice if they would actually hug the ground rather than slide all over it. We definitely don't need collision damage if they're going to spaz out on us if we actually use the three phase engines. It isn't like we can adjust our turning to keep from sliding out, it is all on or all off.

11. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Quoting Jeremy Clarkson: 'The coolest way to die is to fly through the pearly gates as a big fireball going backwards and shouting "where's the women?"'

Kind of off topic.

I hate getting stuck on turre(n)ts and then being blown up by some cocky light tank. BUT what is funny is when some n00b on crossroads crashes into a crater and can't get out.