A way to make the host/main admin can make vehicles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mr Pling, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Mr Pling

Mr Pling Member

tl;dr. Yeah...

Make a way so that when said person creates a server, he can customize the vehicles. For example;

He can set the weight of the chassis, weapons, engines, armours, etc
    He can set the damage of the weapons and armours, etc
    He can set the speed, overheat, etc of the engines
    He can disable or set the time for researches lower or higher, etc
    He can disable resources, change the starting numbers for each map available for the server (or all of them at once), etc

Shitty idea, great idea, etc
    I thought I'd make this because then we can have different forms of battles, so for example, if I made a server (hah, as if):

I'd disable Reactive + Regen Armour, and set the damage taken away for Absorbant from 65* to 5, from all weapons (lol tanks get hurt by puny bullets :confused: ?)

Yeah. Also, I don't wanna hear yer flaws, I just want to know if this could ever be an option in the future :D

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Normally the game should be the same on every server. There are already small differences between the servers. With more differences every server would have a different kind of game. And I don't think that this is good for the small empires player base.

3. Mr Pling

Mr Pling Member

Well through consoling you could have to do it manually, thus more people are lazy and then we have default gamemodes.

4. Drag

Drag Member

A. Splitting up the mod into minimods is THE END of the mod. (see above post) For reference see the average counterstrike server today.

B. I don't speak for the development team but turning everything that is in the scripts into console commands would be HELL to do. Giant boring waste of everyones time.

C. All these console commands would have to be somehow transfered to the client because they need the data constantly.

To sum it up: Its a horrible suggestion. I'd go so far to say that this should never ever be an option in the future. But if you want to host a shitty server where researches are disabled you can easily do that already.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its like creating the Antichrist of this game

6. o_O

o_O Member

Its already hard enough for people to learn the game. Having AFV's nerfed on one server and mediums available from the start on another server would be very confusing, even for vets. Also, splitting up the community into modmod groups would make it harder to keep reasonable server populations as some people would just totally refuse to play on the free jeeps server or the superweapons server.

Also what blizzerd said about this summoning the antichrist to walk the earth.

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Theoretically, you could do it now, and piss off the entire community, but I'm not telling you how.

Also, I think it's a bad idea.