A use for radar

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Broccoli, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

The recent CS:S changes to their radar had me thinking.

As far as knowing the enemy position goes, the radar is pretty much useless at the moment. This may have been suggested before, but here are a simple set of changes which I believe will make it a much more useful tool.

1. Radar buildings (comm built, not engineer built) automatically reveal enemy buildings/vehicles within a certain radius, provided they have direct line of sight.

2. Once a unit has been spotted by a player, they will remain marked on the minimap until they are out of line of sight of all players. So, if it lost line of sight of the original spotter, but was still visible to someone else, then it would remain on the map. If line of sight is lost, then the unit becomes visible again, it must be re-spotted.

3. The scout should automatically spot any enemy units within their field of view, without having to spot them manually.

4. The comm should have a researchable satellite which allows an area of the map to be revealed to all units for a couple of seconds, including the commander.

Not only would this make the radar more useful, it would also make the game more tactical as you could anticipate enemy attacks, and it would also make the scout a much more useful unit.

In reality, a lot of technology is devoted solely to monitoring enemy movements, and at the moment I don't think there is really enough of this in Empires. Currently, the only interaction between the two sides is when they are attacking each other and I think that there should be a more tactical layer going on above this.

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Yeah, I can picture a large radar peice about the size of a turret, that is placed by the commander finding its way in.