A Revolver, crossbow and a near death guy.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dannyboy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Well, I was thinking, scout are trained to not move, and be undetected just like a sniper, so maybe a scout skill called "no pulse" so really, its discription is " heart slows down extremely as well and breathing, so almost 0 movement." so they could maybe use their rifle?

And, for a NF squad leader, he could have like a revolver? so sort of a mix between 9mm and the shot pistol, fast rate of fire with high damage, but only 6 bullets and an EXTREMELY long reloading time, and for the BE a higher tech version of the same gun?

Then, for scouts who want to be saboteurs, a crossbow perhaps? silent, 1 shot kill, but also a long reload time, and it comes with a reflex scope for accuracy over 30 feet, I'll probably make a model of the crossbow and show it
    in afew weeks.

Whatcha think?

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Sounds good except the new skill because anything that eases sniping = shit

3. REX

REX Member

the near death thing... do you mean kind of like holding your breath to aim ?

revolvers are nice and I would very much like to see the squad leaders to atleast look different than normal...

but there is a few thing that would have to be sorted out. what happens when/if squad leader leaves/changes in the squad. Does he keep the gun until respawn and if so then everyone can get them by doing a squad rotation.

I have a hard time imagening a crossbow fitting into the theme of war..... my guess would be that people wont like that idea.

4. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Then they still can take the bolt-action rifle. I like the idea with the revolver and the crossbow. But what if some ppl just want to be squadleader so they can get the revolver?

5. Cheezy

Cheezy Member

I don't think Revolvers and Crossbows fit in to the Empires universe. Especially crossbows.. so low tech

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

Screw crossbows, I want an atlatl.

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

why not give the scout a scoped big be pistol instead his normal pistol and no bolt action rifle anymore.

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You just suggested Halo 1's pistol, and that was totally overpowered.

9. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I kinda want BE to get the revolver, you know to mix it up a bit, because the NF has a choice of either a pistol or a shotty pistol, while BE has the choice of a pistol & a slightly larger pistol. Thinking something like this might fit BE,in other words get rid of the second pistol & give BE a revolver.

As for squad leaders getting their own weapons, ehh I'm pretty sure that'll just encourage people to make their own squads & not join the other squads just to get that weapon.

Crossbows, seeing as how you're suggesting a "one shot, one kill" thing I'd rather it be a researchable object or reduce damage depending on distance (Kinda like how the scout rifle was worthless at long ranges, & and an insta-gib weapon at close ranges... I miss those days :( ).

10. petemyster

petemyster Member

crossbow? hell no.

11. arklansman

arklansman Member

I still think the shotty pistol should be a four shot pepperbox style beast. :D

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

dual weilding ftw!!!

13. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Hehe, well have you noticed, a crossbow needs no silencer, but takes a long time to reload (I know because I've done it) and the bolts normally shatter in the body, making it silent and deadly, especially for infiltrators. The revolver, as soon as you go off of squad leader, you equip a 9mm pistol, so no squad rotations :P anyway I think the revolver has always signaled leadership.

And the no breathing can only be done for afew seconds, or you'll go purple ^^ and to make sure it doesn't increase accuracy alot, just enough to get that prick thats being chucking grenades from behind the box for hours on end ^^

14. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Pffffft. I know you guys. You just want a crossbow for Empires 3.0. (And I can't say that I blame you.) :D

15. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

i like the idea of having crossbow - maybe make it a selectable weapon to replace the scout rifle with.

but no to easier scout shooting and no to revolver for squad leaders - don't give squad leaders all this extra stuff or everyone will just be a squad leader...

3*

16. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

you fail hard, didnt you ever play hl1?!

i dont mind the crossbow and it can fit the theme nicely, i mean we have friggin hair dryers how can a crossbow be worse than that?! besides gow had a bow and it rocked.
    i can imagine a revolver being the counterpart to the current be pistol2 as the shotgun pistol is useless on grenadiers, unlike the be deagle

17. Zombified

Zombified Member

Special forces today still use crossbows and knives for "silent elimination"

Any of you played BF2: Special forces? the crossbow for the scout and spec-ops is awsome! good accuracy and..... Zip-lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be awsome for ninjaing

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

in games, crossbows are great. in real life, other than being far less accurate than rifles, other than their range being about 1/10 of a rifle, as well as taking 5 - 10 seconds to reload each shot, crossbow bolt wouldn't actually be that amazingly deadly. being hit by a crossbow wouldn't be "instant kill" any more than being hit by a bullet would.

they tried bows out in WW2, and in WW2 it was decided that. come on, use your common sense: nobody, would EVER go into war with a crossbow instead of a rifle.

I'm just waiting for someone to suggest spears and trebochets.

19. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

Oh, come on! Who wouldn't want to be flung into an enemy base in their heavy! "PULL!!!"

20. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

lazors!