A Little suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Spooky, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Spooky

Spooky Member

Making empires Gameplay A little better.

First Suggestion
    Ok, so i was playing a game of empires one day and I found out that the NF was heavy rushing our base, so Me and a couple other people defended, it wasnt enough and even the comm was saying "Im going to die, get back here and repair me!!!" No one did except me and another person.
    What I propose is next to the vehicle counter we have an icon that displays How much armor the commander has, and what its hull strength is at, that way people will know when the CV is in trouble and will help defend/repair it. Also, maybe have Something that tells if the commander is being repaired, so people dont Suicide to find out they lost like a 1000$ heavy for nothing.
    Pros:[/COLOR](this promotes Longer more interesting games)Might save a team from losing, promotes base defence and teamwork, makes being commander a little bit easier.
    Cons:more suiciding... and... ummm... Well I can't see anything else. I doubt it would be that buggy... and I dont think it would lag someon at all.

Second suggestion
    Ok I was reading an empires thread titled "prefab Structures" after I read all of it and its posts, i thought that it wouldn't work, but gave me an idea similar to it, this is more of a cool effect, but when placing a structure, it would place the Frame of a building then build the walls up to the roof(Similar to those wooden walls, have them transperant, but when the structure is built the wall appears) now I am pretty sure your thinking about things like...
    What if infantry were inside the structure when it was transparent??? what do you there mr.bigshot 14 year old??? well I propose when its built it will kill any infantry thats inside it, no matter what.
    What if a vehicle was inside this structure(keeping in mind the "frame of the structure" is still a solid frame) Well since im such a bigshot 14 year old, im thinking only one building that would fit a vehicle inside...
    The Radar!!! just kidding but the Vehicle factory, when its placed it could be placed with a floor, but the ramp going up to the inside acts as a door, and when its built it can come down like those medieval castle doors(if theres to much complaining about lag or coding, make it happen instantly)
    What happens when version 3.0 comes out??? well no one knows yet when that will be, but if they utilize my idea in 3.0(wich is doubtfull but i thought it was worth a try) then the airstrip/pads.... i dont think those would have a frame, but who am I to say.
    Pros:If theres a trailer, or just a new player, it could be one of many Great effects that empire could have, increasing its player base. It's Also An effect that could dazzle new players and look great in game, in a trailer or other stuff that people can think of.

Cons::might be laggy building multiple structures at once, maybe buggy.

Alternative:instead of having it build up like the wooden walls, you could have it like a Starcraft/Warcraft Style(W/e you prefer it doesen't matter they have the same effect) were the building is partially built(like partial walls and beams) untill its fully built.
    Or, you could have it as a special feature that can be toggled between full build(original idea) partial build(Starcraft themed idea) and Normal build for lower end users.

3rd Suggestion
    Actually adding the Mini/full map graph, adding in the Y and x Axis of numbers and letters, for new users and some others who are bad at reading invisible map conifigurations, this can get very frustrating.
    Pros:Helps players find where they need to be, where they are and where there going.
    Cons:maybe 10secs-5 minutes of coding????

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  2. Spooky

Spooky Member

I also forgot, maybe when the commander is in commanding mode, when something attacks him, there could be a better warning like a sound that cant be overriden by "our turret defences are under attack"

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

a "commander under attack" icon on the HUD might not be too bad

4. De_Ghost

De_Ghost Member

14?
    me likey?!? why the hell you tell us ur age, if it's good we'll accept if not , not
    more moving parts tend to break things, and the commander will tell you if he need repairs or not, if you waste that 1k tank for nothing, it's ur comm fault for recalling u. the walls are not really transparant, when you build em they start in the floor and moves up as an entity. second one have no idea what ur saying, third, guess. if it's yellow you need someone around, green mean go red mean stop, simple as it is, no need to change. anyways i want to look at terrain before my soldier, not after em. i wanna point objective ahead of em not only after em. there is something call airel reconnisance.
    sry for spellings, i suck at engrish? :)

5. Zombified

Zombified Member

I like the build idea and I fully approve of the ideas related to helping the comm. The build idea could have some problems to it, but not if handled well.
    IMO the comm definitely needs a very attention grabbing way of telling his players that hes under attack. I think that a war siren was proposed some time ago (too lazy to search).

6. Spooky

Spooky Member

You dont get it, most people dont even listen to the comm because they expect everywone else to do it while there off galloping on there mediums around an enemy refinery, and when they finally realize the comm's in trouble the comm's already dead lol.:headshot:

but if you haven't been in a situation like that, ignore this thread

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Krenzo already implemented fog of war, you can enable it by typing "emp_comm_fogofwar 1" in console. It's still a bit buggy and unfinished, but it works :)

8. Spooky

Spooky Member

To see older player's react to such an age difference, to know what I can and cannot say, most importantly to know wich people are assholes.(not you your pretty funny)

9. Spooky

Spooky Member

o... thanks i guess.:o

10. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

I dont really see the point of fog of war, you already cant see the enemy units, and we already know the layout of the map.

11. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Visual aid for telling you where you can see enemies and where you can't.

12. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Oh, I like it then.

13. Spooky

Spooky Member

Thanks a Bunch

Ok well thanks for posting, it kinda gives me an idea of the readers perspective so i can make better post's for different suggestions.
    im off to suggest things like.. ermh... havent gotten that far yet but i will think of something.

14. Vaun

Vaun Member

Your right about the needing help for comm suggestions, like when the comm loses a plate or 2 of health, the nearest engineer(s) would automaticly be ordered to repair the comm, and have a nagging "Comm needs repair" thing that plays over and over till the comm heals.