A few tips, USEFULL COMMANDS INSIDE

Discussion in 'Archive' started by dizzyone, Apr 23, 2007.

1. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Ok heres a few commands I like to bring to your attention (feel free to add more tips or commands)

- If you find your tank turret to be rotating too slow, increase emp_cl_vehicle_sensitivity, to something like 2 or 3, its set to 1 by default

- if your commanderview moves (WASD or arrows) too slow, change emp_comm_move_speed to above 3000 ( I have it on 7500, its set very low by default)

- if you find your commander zoom (with your mousescroll) to go too slow, change emp_comm_zoom_speed somewhere between 15 and 40, this is personal preference, don't set it too high as it will increase the stepsize the zoom makes.

Don't forget emp_unstuck, preferably bound to a key :)

For some that might have forgot, Krenzo has also been working on a fog of war for the commanderview, its still very rough and not too pretty, but you can try it out by typing emp_comm_fogofwar 1 in console.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. dizzyone

2 more tips, these are for the newbies to source:

if your sensitivity while in scope mode (alternative fire of the scout rifle) is too low, this is controlled by zoom_sensitivity_ratio, its set to 0.3 by default, and is a multiplier of whatever your mouse sensitivity is set to. setting it to 1 would mean you'd have the same sensitivity in scope mode as in standard firing mode.

If you don't know how to remove the connection info and graph in the center bottom of your hud, type in console net_graph 0

3. dizzyone

another tip

If you miss the weapons bar in the center top of your screen, while cycling through your weapons, set [FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]hud_fastswitch to 0[/FONT].
    It is enabled by default.

(thanks ciof for trying it for me while i wasnt ingame :))

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The scoped speed and turret speeds are already set in infantry.cfg and vehicle.cfg to make it easy to change them.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

emp_vehicle_mouse_speed has been changed to emp_cl_vehicle_sensitivity

6. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Glad to know the command to the turret rotation speed...had a few problems with a med tank against some NF L.T.'s the other day.