A couple of APCs for emp_district

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Aurora, May 26, 2006.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

One APC for each team, respawning at the main bases every 5 minutes after destruction. This would make engineers build some MLs too, so it would lower the turret-trench-fighting. It would also allow for some good charges, which would bring a break to the 15 minutes of camping and nade spamming around the one, same street corner. It would make things more interesting in general.

2. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I don't know about this one, it could be good but there are a few things I am worried about. We don't want everyone camping main base just to get the APC first, do we? ;)

3. Aurora

If only it would be that way. Last time I was commander, nobody would get vehicles despite I shout at them to do so, numerous times. I seriously don't think there will be a problem.

4. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Is there anyway to make the APCs respawn after a set time?

5. Aurora

Well, I haven't found out a way to even place any vehicles (besides CVs) on the map, so they will need to implement this, and the respawn feature as well then.

6. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Making enitys respawn is possible in source by default i think, remeber reading about how to do it somwhere, just can't recall where

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I know this can be done with breakable props, I think it's just a case of setting a flag. This would have to be coded in the fgd for vehicles though.

8. Aurora

AFAIK you can respawn anything which you can place in the map... The entity was called "template" or something.

9. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

a very lame way which requires map changes (which i do not want) is to place a vf and only allow apc's. make the res flow come in for 1 every 5 minatues... but I personly disagree with this idea...

The real way to get around this problem is to make more alley ways that intersect the map. This would force walls, more turrets, and more man power; thus over struching man power. This means everyone is not concolidated in one spot.

10. Aurora

How about sewers? And access to rooftops? Or perhaps access inside some buildings, through which's rooms you'd have a route somewhere.

[00:30] <JJ45> So what about connected rooms inside buildings, forming a route, or the sewers?
    [00:31] <JJ45> Perhaps even ventilation ducts between buildings' rooms

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  11. Jimather

Jimather Member

erm... nm.

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  12. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Yeah, lower roof tops and making it so it wasn't an exploit would make District a bit more interesting, and having more alternate routes would be very cool.

Maybe for sewers, you could have an Engie "Build" it shut so they would be disabled untill the other team got an Engie to de-build it or a Rifleman to blast it(Or, if the Nadir ever got Satchel Charges, allow him to blow the thing sky high.). Plus, more buildings would reduce the effecttivity of Turret farming and boost my style of gameplay which is "Scout w/ High power SMG + Melee boost" :D Just wish you could "Inturpt" primary fire to Melee rather having it stop your firing and not melee for the High-Powered ones.