A Comm Suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pikajedi3, Jun 13, 2006.

1. pikajedi3

pikajedi3 Member

I have noticed a distinct lack of a price indicator-weither or not i need new glasses is open for debate,however- i have a suggestion.

Tooltips
    im most RTS games,if you hover over a build option(assuming the price tag is not displayed to the side) a popup appears.this could have,for example, a brief discription of that options capabilitys,cost,and estimated build time.
    well,why not insert those into this mod?

i am sure that within 30 seconds of my post,i will be told that it is impractial,but meh...SLAGIATT

2. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Zomg impractical. :)

The price indicator is right next to the building name.
    What I think would be nice would be to have pre-requisites in order to research stuff, eg you cannot research better armour/engines without a VF, you can't research better weapons without an armoury etc.

3. Carrigage

Carrigage Member

Empires is poorly made, thus, if you play with low res, all the windows and stuff will be HUGE! and You cant do anything.

I for one cant see the prices of buildings, and the VF Window is larger than my resolution, so I can only see part of the bottom buttons :P

4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Carriage, do you have a 14-inch screen or can't you just increase your game's resolution under options>video ? If you have trouble seeing the screen at higher resolutions, get what my friend has. It's a magnifier that also polorizes the screen a bit, making it much easier and comfortable to see the computer for long periods of time.

5. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

That was really unneccesary. It's a beta. Lern2Beta. >;P

But yeah, every RTS these days utilizes tooltips in some way. Empires might not need them in its current incarnation, but it'd be some nice shine later on.

6. pikajedi3

pikajedi3 Member

so...im taking it as said that that was a good idea?
    because,if you are playing on (for me) the lower few res's, you cant see the prices etc.(i posted originally before changing the res up)

and of course,not everyone has a card that can support the higher res's(i thankfully have).

but as Jkun said,it is a polish type addition.just a passing thought,i thought i would see if it was any good

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I would really like to see that, would help new commanders alot. Currently they have NO idea what each does except: Hmm turret :D wall :D... goood....

May be also options to set selected things into groups? Like you can bind squad A to "1" squad b to "2" and etc...

8. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

You can do that now. Ctrl + num sets, num selects.
    Not that you'd ever know that without looking at the binds manually :rolleyes:

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

O.o you can? Num sets? It never said... No one told me.... Whaaat? !!!

Num sets? shoudn't it be the numbers above the "qwertyuiop" Keys?