9pm GMT Friday - 2.3 Script test

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

i.e. in 2 and a quarter hours from when I made this post.

Instructions:

Download the .zip, extract to steam/steamapps/sourcemod/empires. Play.

After playing, navigate to the location above, and copy the contents of the "stock 229 scripts" folder into your scripts folder.

Job done.

I didn't do that many changes, but overall:

Grenadier has a 30% bullet resist (used to be 0%). Translates into Grenadier taking 28 damage from a 40 damage weapon, and so on. It's a big change. I also updated the GUI icon so it no longer says he has mine detection. He does, but it's so useless and the Grenadier armour certainly has a larger effect.

HMG damage was upped to 30 and the falloff range buffed up a bit.

Mortar and RPG both do 130 damage (up from 120) now. RPG goes faster (same as it did in 2.28). It also means that the RPG will do marginally more damage to Medium tanks, Artillery tanks and Heavy tanks (as in, more than the increase of 10).

Pistol 1 does the tiniest bit less damage, as well as a bit less minimum damage. Should limit the sniping a little bit, albeit not much.

Pistol 2 lost a bit on the minimum damage, but it won't be noticeable unless you're using it at the length of over 2 barracks, and even then it'll barely be noticeable.

BE Assault rifle (Side-mag) should be "less good" outside of ironsight, especially when moving. But the ironsight kick got reduced considerably, so it'll be pretty awesome inside of that.

BE Heavy Rifle (Drum mag) got the damage cut from 40 to 35, as well as a minimum damage nerf. It also loses accuracy after prolonged fire a little more. However, it also kicks considerably less, as well as being way less affected by movement than it was before. It should be more run and gun now, but less useful at longer ranges and crouched mowing.

Scout rifles got a falloff reduction, but I don't really know if it's enough to make a difference if I'm honest.

NF Heavy rifle got a damage reduction (from 45 to 40) as well as the recoil being increased a little. Movement accuracy got hammered.

NFAR just got hit on the falloff a bit, that's about it.

Concussion grenades now have a timer of 4, rather than 3. Seismic grenades now have a timer of 5, rather than 6.

SMGs are untouched. As is the shotgun pistol.

I'll post up a script link when it gets time for the test, with backups for 2.29 included. The server will be up and the password will be testtest.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1034763/script files/230_infantry_test_1.zip

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Finally, and thank you!

3. Trickster

It's just an icon. Besides that bullet change, Grenadier has had better "armour" than the Rifleman for a long long time.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah, he needed the body armor more than the rifleman did. Mine detection was about as useful as accuracy upgrade for the gren, or using arty feedback for the RPG.

5. Trickster

But, he's had that since like...2.24d or something, at least 18 months. It's just an icon. Anyway, I'm about to make a thread about nerfing the gren a little bit so you can go back to raging about imbalance in a minute.

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

And I've known that since 2.24d... What is your point? I have been saying to get rid of the mine detection icon for awhile now.

So I agree with you and thank you, then you get pissed and decide its time to reverse your changes? I'm not gonna rage, I don't play emp anymore unless I am on pain pills and I'm cutting back on those. I wasn't even thanking you for any buffs, all I thanked you for was removing that icon..

7. Trickster

8. Trickster

Link added.

9. Trickster

Test starting.

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

trickster thinks hes the icefrog of empires

11. Trickster

Bitch icefrog has jackshit on me. Also, test was a success even if we only have 10 different people across it. Weapons are good, committed to 2.3. Any problems we get after that I blame on everyone except the 10 people who showed up.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

err.. I think I can blame the fact that you only gave 2 hour notice.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I am at work still

14. Trickster

You can blame who you want, but I have a louder voice.

15. ViroMan

Your voice is louder? How am I supposed to know that? I can only read your words that are typed by your fingers which are not connected directly to your mouth or vocal cords. I have no proof of your claim. unless you submit a sound clip or multiple reverences to back up your claim, I cannot accept that notion. I will however accept that you "believe" your voice is louder.

16. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Trickster is ownz0rsh. Listen to his manly voice or stfu.

I love this community, let's all be friends :|ove:

17. ViroMan

If he could supply a sample of his "manly voice" I would.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That.

It's a figure of speech, and while I see that your trolling is intentional I do know that you know what he meant, ViroMan.