2x Zoomable scope for sniper scouts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dannyboy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

I suggest that the zoom on the scope of the scouts rifle can be zoomed up to 2 times, to increase accuracy and to make the rifle more effective

I myself being a scouter sniper and all other sorts of things know that the current zoom of the scout rifle is useful up to maybe 100-200 yards?, but when your a scout you maybe need alittle more coverage, maybe put it up to 350 or 425?

And, if you just think thats for shooting, then we can use it to increase our distance of scouting. ^^

PROS

Makes the scout more useful for recon work.
    Makes the scout rifle more effective for important assinations of key targets I.E other scouts and engineer, or ninja grenadiers.

CONS

would have to click twice to come out of zoom, thus wasting time in CQC.
    would be more oblivious to the world as you have zoomed in closer.

Alternatives

Increase the zoom of the first scope, thus eliminating problem CON 1.

What do you think?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Scouts are not snipers, and shouldn't be given anything that increases their ability to snipe. It's already bad enough when you're sniped from the current distances, geting sniped from across the map is worse.

3. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

well, could we have a thinner crosshair then, and if scouts wern't meant to be snipers, why was they given rifles with scopes on?

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

They're bolt-action rifles with scopes on them, not sniper rifles, there's a pretty big difference.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Because they are meant to be marksmen, which is a totally different thing.

You can still snipe with them if you devote a lot of effort to perfecting it.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't agree with saying that they're not for sniping, because honestly that is what they do.

But take in mind, this will only encorage scouts to sit back and do nothing more for their team than camp out a position, instead of help the team.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

The binoculars are for scouting.

Also, on a mostly unrelated note, 2x means that everything will look 2x larger while zoomed. :P

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Oh in that case by all means please put this feature in lol

9. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Well, if youn want add the zoom make the scope lines on the cross hair thinner? and marksman is a fancy name for a sniper, he lies there waiting, then boom.

10. Kuma

Kuma Member

Not really, a sniper is someone who takes out key targets from a distance, using high powered rifles which have been designed to be effective from extreme distances.

A marksman is someone who knows how to get the bullet on his target, more to the point, the scout rifle is more like a .22 hunting long rifle then a dedicated sniper rifle, such as the british L96.

The scout is meant to be a scout, the person who collects data on the enemy team, report back to the members of your team, who also is responsible for protecting himself and if needed, taking out forward engineers, but not meant to stay on a hill sniping whoever comes your way, otherwise it would be the sniper class, not the scout class.

11. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

True, but can you just make the lines thinner? so we can see their heads at the distance we are allowed to snipe?

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I already can, quite easily.

The lines are fine.

13. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

i personally don't like games that have double zoom - i just suggested scrollable zoom in binoculars, maybe something similar for scout rifle..?

14. Killa-Kanga

Killa-Kanga Ask me how to open a .cfg file today!

Actually all a sniper rifle is is simply a Single shot rifle with a scope fitting a bloody m4a1 carbine can be a sniper if used correctly

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No, a sniper rifle is a rifle designed for sniping, an assault rifle with a scope on the top is called an assault rifle with a scope on the top.

16. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

no. it cant. m4a1 uses a tiny ass 5.56mm round. no1 snipes with m4's - you've just been playing too many video games.

edit - argh chris u beat me to it

17. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Then how come I can't seem the hit their head even though I pretty much cracked their skull with my bullet.

Hitbox fix perhaps?

Or maybe, we could edit the sniper zooms of one of the snipers from the factions, to make them look pretty differen't
    maybe have the NF's scope like this? you can see the general idea.

Also, ignore tge -'s I just wanted the other things to stay there

_________   ___________
    -------------/\
    -------------|
    -------------|
    -------------|
    -------------|

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The AR15 variants are actually quite accurate with high muzzle velocities, not as much power as you would get in a heavier rifle bullet, but by no means ineffective.

You could snipe with anything accurate enough to hit things with, the only reason they have things like 50 calibre rifles is because you can shoot through buildings with them, and tanks, and various other obstacles.

19. Kuma

Kuma Member

gentleman....might I add that if you get shot with anything, it will most likely bring you down. While it is true that a .22 or a 9mm is not as powerful as a .50 or a .357, but still, keep in mind it is a hunk of lead, designed to kill you. no matter if it is a 5.56mm, a 7.62mm, or a .50, it is still going to do plenty of damage.

20. empiresnorthwest

empiresnorthwest Member

Honestly, the rifleman class should have a scope on the heavy rifle. Like a 1.5x scope, but still a scope. He should be the long range infantry in empires. Scouts are scouts, just like in a real army. They don't carry a big, powerful, or highly effective gun with a big scope. They carry a small, light, automatic rifle like an M16 or M4, use a 1.5x or 3x red dot scope, and they run fast. Perfect scout rifle would be the Steyr AUG or TAVOR.

And to whomever said that "no one snipes with an M4", that is true. But they US military and others use the 5.56 bullet in marksmen rifles such as the M16/SPR. (And don't you start saying that the M16 isn't a marksman's rifle; the thing has a 51cm long barrel.)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008