2v2? 3v3? even 6v6?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Snoopie22, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoopie22

Snoopie22 Member

In every RTS theres always an option to make it so u and 2 or 3 other friends can fight off 3 other guys but u all have seperate bases. My suggestion is making maps that have 2v2 or 3v3 or even 6v6. Where there are 2,3,6 commanders for 1 team and they both start at different ends of a map or together plus they work together as allies against the enemy, this would involve more players but would be even more loads of fun. I really hope to see this in releases to come or possibly in 2.0 :P?

- if you wanna get more advanced, make a seperate team(which could take a while) so there could be everyman for them self with 3 teams.

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Umm...no? This is a fps/rts hybrid, not a strict RTS.

3. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

So you're shooting it down because the idea comes from the RTS genre?

I like the idea, but I don't think that Empires has the playercount to really make this feasable at the moment. It would also require more powerful servers and more bandwidth even with the same number of players, as there would need to be at least four or six or eight bases per game rather than two. There's also the question of what happens to one commander's team when he or she is defeated - do they quit the game? Join other teams or commanders? I honestly don't think the game is developed and established enough to have this really work at the moment, but I could see this working at some point further on.

4. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I don't really see this working out either...

I mean, it's a "but it's only GDI and Nod" thing, but why would you need teams, if, instead like in a strict RTS you control AI, you control real players. So teamwork is already there.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I always think that a 16 v 16 is better than an 8 v 8 v 8 v 8.... this is meant to be a war, so the greater number of players on each team the better.

That said, this idea isn't bad at all... it would definately be pretty fun... I can picture this working on a map like tic tac toe (one CV in each corner to start)

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i agree with sandbag. all-out-war = win

7. picard131

picard131 Member

A good idea, but it would need an insane amount of players. Perhaps name the teams '1st BE Division, 2nd BE Division', stuff like that to differentiate that?

8. unconnected

unconnected Member

funny we had the same idea around the same time.. either way I think it would be a wicked way to expand on the complexity and depth of strategy that this mod has as it is

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Yep, and for the sake of organization one of the threads is going to be closed. 2 almost identical threads going on at the same time is pointless.
    Search the forums before posting a thread Snoopie, continue the discussion in unconnected's thread "more than 1 CV per side"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.