2013 Q3+4 games.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Space_Oddity, May 24, 2013.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Yes i'll use a taxi and loose this one not shitty car that spawned after 30x sentinels and 100x taxis. I get that there should be a taxi or two nearby when you are on foot, but making this into whole car spawning system is dumb beyond comprehension. If you are on foot then its cabbies everywhere. Once you finally find something else, BAM its everywhere. If you have a Turismo its all luxury cars, even in the slums. Finding a motorcycle is an excerise in luck. the first sanchez i found was in Alderney for fucks sakes.

Inbefore you say, grab a cab and then steal something, you get shit from some friends for both driving a crap car AND doing illegal things.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I found a bike somewhere, I think in one of the first missions for Faustin - a PCJ 600 - kept it forever :)

3. Z100000M

Yea, see with the scarcity of safehouses, you dont really get to use that feature often. Doesnt help that starting a mission usually despawns any vehicle you brought.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

I parked it in Bohan along with a pink Schafter and went on funtimes with buddies in the car and did a few stunts with the bike. I may have actually drowned it - I haven't touched GTA 4 since February.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I've tried to complete GTA IV twice. I stopped playing out of boredom both times.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

I bumrushed through it once, forgot the plot in a month, tried at least 4 times to re-beat it. Didn't even get to Algonquin :|

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

2013 is gonna be an awesome year. So awesome that i'll be fired from work early 2014 for never showing up.

Total War: Rome 2 is gonna kill me

And if they don't fuck this game up, i should be playing it untill March 1 2071. That's the day i'll die happy knowing i can play Rome 2 forever in the afterlife, which the universe will create just so people can play Rome 2 forever.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

So you are saying we should finish Dawn of War 2 before it comes out? :p

9. Silk

Silk Mapper

Haha, if not before, it might indeed be never :D

10. Z100000M

Yea, gta 4 is kind of short on plot. Sure you get your standart gta betrayal, but its not a huge deal and you spend 50% of the game just working with the Mafia for no other reason that getting cash, that you don't need anyway.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

Roman is broke, and it's in your bones so might as well do it :p

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

100% territory conquered awwww yeah.

13. Z100000M

The problem is that its really hard to symphetise with Nico, when he states on numerous occasions that he thinks bosses are slimeballs, but still does that only for money.
    He is just an asshole.

14. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

If the multiplayer is as good or better than Red Dead Redemption... well there goes another 400 or so hours of my life.

Also The Ballad of Gay Tony is the only way to play GTA IV. Seriously better characters, better music, better missions, more vehicles & weapons, and skydiving.

On topic:
    Other than GTA V & ARMA III, I'm curious about the Rise of the Triad reboot. Also Saints Row 4, though I won't be picking it up right away.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  15. Z100000M

Now that you mentioned it, are the music stations the same in episodes? I have to say, I like the comedic aspect, but every single one is based around it. In GTA4 music stations are more about bashing american society in diffrent ways rather than actual music. I guess one could say its a joke on "M"TV, but im seriously saddened about lack of music in the game. There is only one memorable piece thats actually somewhat catchy and funny at the same time. "So much crack, nigga has to shovel it", lmao.

16. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Don't get into the hype, creative assembly never released a total war game without a shit ton of bugs and always sat on their asses to get them fixed.
    Shogun 2 was so fucking annoying and buggy until their gold edition was released.
    I plan to wait for the gold release.

17. Silk

Silk Mapper

You have a point there. Unpatched the first Rome had quite a lot of issues as well. And Medieval 2 has never worked more than 2 hours without gamebreaking bugs and memory loops.
    Although i can't remember having any issues at all with shogun 2, and i think i bought that game about a month after it came out.

But honestly, i preordered Rome 2 the day it got activated on steam. I guess i'll have to wait and see.

18. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Well if you're playing TBOGT from the stand alone Episodes from Liberty City collection or GTA IV Complete, all the music from GTA IV has been replaced with a new soundtrack, like Vladivostok now only plays House music, & some new stations where added like Vice City FM or replaced by another station like RAMJAM replaces Massive B & Tuff Gong.

19. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

You give me hopes I expect more then what I had in Red Dead i had forgotten about that title. NOW WE KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE.

20. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Red Dead redemption and its zombie based sequel was like one of the best games I played revolving around a western theme.
    Just stay out of the water.