2013 in StarCraft

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Dec 23, 2013.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well that was shite. Splice of quite uninteresting starcraft moments (oh look, storms; oh hey collosi vs hydras) with very few genuinely interesting/funny moments (widows killing medivacs, probes killing last building), really unffuny arto & co segments and a shot of the most disgusting keyboard Ive seen my whole life.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

If you expected comedy I recommend this. What was shown was actually quite a lot of the great moments in 2013, not funny ones.

4. Z100000M

How was A-moving a zerg blob, storming MMM or using collosus/archon against tier 1,5 zerg one of the greatest moments? I was expecting unusual or feats of great micro, but it was just every day bland stuff.

Also funny =/ comedy. Its not even close. How the f did you even make the comparison.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  5. D.D.D. Destroyer

Comedy is funny. And if you really don't see any feats in those storms, mutas and so forth... I can't help you, really. Maybe try to dodge fungal growths and seven storms across half the screen yourself.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Still waiting for a proper TI3 highlights with actual footage from the tournament, rather than all gameplay.

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Koreans suck at dota 2, might change but I hope it doesnt turn into something starcraft like, like koreans > all. South Korea has the most brutal school system on earth just read an article about it, 6 year old kids visit after school edjucation to learn stuff they need in 3 years. They have zero free time and memorize everything hell they even have multible choice tests in physics and math. So I guess you will see some super efficient korean players with great mechanical skill soon in the dota 2 scene but dota is more about outsmarting than starcraft so I dont know if they will ever rule the pro scene.

Edit: Bevor the flames start to role, I didnt mean that you dont outsmart your enemy in starcraft but in dota your mechanical skill, clicks per minute etc. is less important than positioning and playing mindgames stuff that you cant memorize.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Thats really racist. South asian dota and chines dota are more creative and gank orientated that western dota right now. With the exception speed and sigma.

Edit: Speedgaming and sigma is what alliance was just after namechange and Chinse-sea ( dk and vici gaming ) are navi during ti2 when it comes down to style of play.

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

It would be nationalist if everything because my post revolved around the korean "school/work ethic" which means it would affect anyone living inside korea no matter which race they are. I didnt talk about any other asian country. Afaik no korean dota team is very successful right now.

10. Z100000M

Sigh, so who cares If I can't do it. Every higher end player can. FG "dodges" also seemed more like whiffs on part of the zerg rather than awesome micro. Don't come up with an ad hominem of all things. Those recaps felt boring, while the old sc:bw vids that showed yearly recaps had
    -only proper gameplay
    -no omgish me wins padding
    -no artosis segments
    -actual in-game interesting stuff happening, even though the game was really old.

Why the fuck do you think im insulting the game, when im bashing just the video itself is mind boggling.

11. Z100000M

Wait wut. I'm from polakland and even here most of the math and physics tests are "open", you're not getting shit unless you know how to properly do the thing.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

You're drawing wrong conclusions. I'm well aware of what you were bashing, I just don't agree with your opinion there. And neither do I agree with this one. The micro presented here was actually top tier, not every high level player can do that. Those were actual feats. Also, the game doesn't just consist of gameplay, there are events, happenings that make the whole experience something more than just a game - the retirement of Stephano, JD finally winning just a couple weeks ago, sOs the world champion and so on. Hell, even Artosis and Apollo in Halloween costumes. All this adds up to the community, and the amazing year the StarCraft scene had. If you just take the game, it's like having Empires without the drama and personas.

In short, this video was not "TOP 10 STARCRAFT PLAYS", this video was "THIS HAPPENED THIS YEAR GUYS"

EDIT: Basic maturas are either half closed tests (maths) or fully closed tests (physics). Extended maturas are full open.

13. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Lol e-sports.

14. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

That's what I was thinking the whole time I was reading the thread.

15. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

And I'm saying chinese teams are good even though their school and work ethic are the same. You arent seeing a lot of great dota 2 players cause its only been introduced there for less than a year. You arent going to get amazing tier 1 players when they have played the game les than a year. + theres no incentive to switch to dota 2 when sc2 and lol pay better. You have to really do it out of passion

16. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I know some chinese girls/guys from university and they usually say the work ethic between korea and china is on a completly different level. I guess it doesnt matter in the big picture cause its usually about how many money you throw on a sport to make it succesfull.

Take football, you can basicaly break down the success on how much mony each club spends every year.

Same with Korea its the best starcraft nation cause of the amount of money people throw at them.

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Chinese Dota shit Dota.

18. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

19. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

Dota players are such posers compared to SC2 players.

Then again there was this match where the guy played in a giant tomato suit, and when he won against Ryung he ate a can of tuna (there's a fish can producing company called Ryung over in Korea).