2 man artilliary peice

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I just had an idea for a really interesting artilliary peice.

it looks like this:
    http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Imperial_Guard_Cadian_Basilisk_MkII.gif

it requires one man to look through the sights, and find a target, and another to load a round into the chamber and press fire. alternatively, it can be done by just one man, but it would be slower and less efficient. a bullet sheild at the front (and sides), prevents infantry from just shooting the men, but it is vulnerable to attack from the rear, which means that it idealy should be used with infantry support.

the specialty with this kind of arty is that it fires it's round notably fast, and can be aimed on a low tragectory, like a tank shell. this means that it can be either fired at long range, say, at 45 degrees, or it can be aimed down to shoot at tanks or whatnot.

2. Jn.

Jn. Member

As a replacement, no. As an additional research, maybe. I remember previous discussion of multi-manned artillery pieces, and it's just not a good idea to have that as the only type available. Everyone will end up wanting to only do a certain job, and barely anyone will want to do something else. If it can be researched, though, certain teammates can organize their own group of artillery workers.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

I used to hate the Arty in BF1942. There was always a newb that would jump in while you're shelling a target and take you for a joyride.

4. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Could get a bit dull for the reloader-firer, I can see this becoming a nOObmobile. But if it works, and pple use it, (make it more devestating than the standard, to provide incentive) it would rock, I want to see how this idea unfolds.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I didn't mean it as a replacement, no.

6. FalconX

FalconX Developer

So, instead of having the scout scout around and find a target, the scout sits on the artillery piece and finds a target?

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

doesn't need a scout. the spotting equipement would be part of the vehicle, and would automatically aim the turret. or something.

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

That was suggested in the last "Hey, I have an idea for a new artillery piece" thread. It seems kinda boring.

9. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

You want to make the arty MORE devastating?!?!? A single arty can own an entire base if he's good, and even 2-3 nubs can destroy the game if the other side doesn't have arty.