2 Infantry Ideas.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vaun, May 29, 2008.

1. Vaun

Vaun Member

First: Armor suits (not mechs, body armor/hazmat suits)

Heres what i was thinking: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/screens/21520?img=http://image.hazardstrip.com/ss/srends/19984.jpg

Pros-
    -Lets you take more damage (but not a walking tank/Ironman).
    -Gas mask for if they add mustard gas or something.
    -Visual badass-ery

Cons-
    -Slows you down
    -cost+research

This isnt supposed to be just like the armor for the rifleman, it decreases damage much more (i suck at values, ill leave it to the devs), so dont think either "more work for something already in-game" or "wow i can punch a tank to death with this", its a higher bullet resistence system.
    Also, a lot of people have complained about the weakness of the riflemans armor, and things like drowning could also be a problem (but ive never drown so idk), this would work as a kind of "adverse conditions/hazards suit w/kevlar". I just know ill get somone saying "OMG ITZ A MECHZORZ!!! BURN IT WITH FIAH!!!"

Next idea: New engineer weapon.
    As you all (should) know, the engineers job is to build and maintane bases and defences.
    You know what that means? They arent supposed to be front-liners, unless theyre taking down an enemy building.

The point is: theyre close combat units.
    The weapon-a shotgun

NF- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Spartan310.jpg

BE- http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/screens/14297?img=http://image.hazardstrip.com/ss/srends/11932.jpg

Before you say they dont fit or flame just because you dont like it, think about its applications/uses/faults, and give a reason why the wouldnt fit.

ex.-"The shotgun in district would be great, especially in the sewers, but in larger maps they would only be good for defence and when your in the enemy base, but thats really what its for. As an alternative, use the smg or another class (the engi isnt supposed to be a sniper) to fight at range."

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I like the idea of all classes having choices of armour which trades off for mobility, but I also can't really see the heavier ones being used much because of the large maps.

If you introduced varieties of armor, like armor which regenerates health slightly over time, or armor which grants great resistance to explosion damage, or armor which gives you more speed or stamina, then it would be better I think, I can see more use for them than I can for just a standard 'less damage less speed' armour.

3. w00tm0ng3r

w00tm0ng3r Member

I'd have to say I like the armor variety idea, but I think the shotguns would be too limited simply because most maps are just too large for it to be useful. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'm completely comfortable with the idea of engys being able to easily outgun riflemen at close ranges either. I guess the idea could work as a scout weapon though. It could replace the scout rifle, which right now just keeps scouts from scouting, and gives them a potent close range punch for when they're sneaking around enemy bases while the smgs still give them mid range options. About uses for heavy armor that slows down the user, I'd say it'd be pretty useful for mechanized infantry. Like, grab a suit of heavy armor, jump in an apc, use that to move quickly to a target, jump out, and kill it before jumping back in the apc. Not only would it promote teamwork and give classes additional equipment customization, it would also fit with the theme because it's pretty blatantly obvious the Brenodis are based on Nazi troops and the blitzkrieg style would work pretty well I guess.

4. Vaun

Vaun Member

Ya, the idea was from stalker (the suit model is too), armor have different stats.

For example, the engineer doesnt really have armor (like at all) so he starts with high speed low survivabillity, but can get kevlar that kinda rounds his survivabillity off but makes him a bit slower.

That suit would probably be for the grenadier of BE, large, bulky, but built like a tank (figuratively).

Also, the riflemen arent really for close range, they medium to long, and so are scouts, grenadierss are all long range (try shooting a target 3ft away with an rpg).

This way you have a short to cqb weapon with the shotgun. I mean the smg has its advantages over the shotgun (accuracy, rate of fire, larger clip size), but most other classes have weapons only they can use (scoped rifle, HMG, rocket launcher/mortar), but the engineer only has the basic smgs. So now the engineer has a weapon no other class has (well, maby the scout, but not likely).

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  5. arklansman

arklansman Member

If anyone gets a shotgun, it will probably be the scout.

6. Vaun

Vaun Member

The point is, units that dont need range (scout and engineer) should get a real close range weapon and the rifleman should get the scoped rifle, tho the scout should keep the scoped rifle (for spotting targets a long distance away (cause the 'nocs go to the max draw distance), but also have a shotgun cause saboutaging means getting up close and personal. The engineer needs it for when infantry are sneaking into your base and trying to sab/mine your stuff. Also, since the engi nades are good against buildings, they need the shotgun for storming the enemy base to take it down.

My only suggestion: try it out.