[2.2x] Digin

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Emp_Recruit, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

prone only plox

kthxbai

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Err....few things.

1) Suggestions section.

2) Why would we want to encourage camping anymore?

3) It's only a problem due to the fact it's bugged and absorbs insane amounts of damage.

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Digin should be for trading mobility for life. Crouching you do anyways to aim and isn't really a hindrance to mobility.

4) ROFLCOPTER

How is it bugged it absorbs 50% of damage like its coded too.

4. Trickster

...It was reduced a to 25%. And you can go over a mine with it and take like 5 damage. It was actually accidently buffed or something, that's why all the issues suddently came up.

+ Dig In effectiveness decreased (50%-->25%)

From the 2.24 release thread.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Digin should be changed to heavy armor and
    slow the player down. The player model needs
    a visible heavy armor so the other team knows
    what they encounter.

6. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

PLEASE, just fix the bugs before nerfing it. Also, I think it should be crouch only and no prone, as HMG is gay enough without it.

7. Empty

Empty Member

How about this suggestion.

Remove digin, 2.12 was a lot better back when it was fucked.

8. Demented

Demented Member

Remove its effect against bullets, at least. Infantry combat is far too temperamental to add another wild variable.

It doesn't really matter how much damage Dig In takes against explosives. If you're taking damage from explosives, it's because you're either facing a grenadier or a tank; the latter you're going to kill (at least normally) and the former is going to kill you.

9. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

It has no notable effect against bullets. "Dig in" allows you to eat one heavy damage attack.
    After that you must wait until you stamina bar refiles before taking an other attack. (dig-in + fast stamina recovery sounds like a nice combo to you? talk about pro play)
    It is useless against low damage attacks like from rifles and smg's.

An example: A RPG to the face does 105 points damage, so unless you have "health upgrade" you are instantly killed.
    Should you be luck and have "Dig-in" and a full stamina bar and crouching or prone you will survive.
    You will take only a few HP damage but in exchange you stamina bar is completely empty.
    A few other heavy damage attacks that dig-in is able to absorb as long as your stamina bar is full and you are prone or crouching are Mortar grenades, upgraded Melee attacks and 1 single mine.
    Can't help myself but it sound that "Dig in" does exactly what "DIG IN" sounds like.

Standing on an open field during an artillery strike is a dead sentence, but the same strike on an entrenched position... yeah whatever.

First world war, WWII German east front and the Pacific War with mighty US Battleships bombarding Japanese hold Islands have shown how incredibly ineffective artillery shelling is against an "dig in" enemy.

Know what? I would like to make a demo that shows when dig in helps and when it is a completely useless skill. I need one dummy and one who is recording the demo, One of you do the editing stuff. I'm lazy.

10. Empty

Empty Member

The stamina drain is so small it does very little.

And it doesnt require full stamina.

11. Trickster

As I said earlier, no skill should make anything worse for you in any way off your default loadout without a skill. Making dig-in slow you down is a bad idea.

12. communism

communism poof

No no no no no
    When I play riflemen and I get hit by a mortar I hardly get enough time to kill him no matter how skilled he is.

I couldn't imagine having it fixed and making it ANY harder for me to kill people who have one shot to do damage

13. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

This is what is bugged about dig in. It's not supposed to work like this. It's supposed to shave 25% off of any damage dealt to you.

14. Empty

Empty Member

IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT.
    YOU DON'T NEED FULL STAMINA AND IT PREVENTS ALL FORMS OF DAMAGE.

Agrajagjagjaga