[2.25] Bio weapons

Discussion in 'Archive' started by -=SIP=-, Oct 22, 2009.

1. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

The Bio ML is changed, but I can't find the changes in the scripts.

2.24 Bio ML destroys 3,5 plates of cv in 60 seconds.
    SVN Bio ML destroys 6 plates of cv in 30 seconds and bio effect continues to damage the hull another 30 seconds.
    Was this the intention of the devs or is it a bug?

The Bio MG does only damage to hull. I think this is a bug?

And you can still bio yourself. So one bad shot and you will kill your bio regen MKII LT. For me this is a bug.

2. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

I agree, if only because tank combat is currently full of stupid slap fighting. Longer engagement ranges would make this a feature

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Bugs go to bugtracker.

4. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

The changes could be a bug or the new balance.

Therefore I'm asking the devs, if they have changed something at Bio Weapons.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If it is a feature, then it's retarded. So I can only assume it's a bug.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

isnt a feature a newly added object?

i think the correct word would be "tweak" as in, something already there changed or modified

7. o_O

o_O Member

I have a related question, in 2.24 when bio damage hits the hull you can no longer stop it by just repairing. The tank keeps getting hit until it explodes or the DOT runs out. Is that a bug or a feature?

8. Kane

Kane Member

Not necessarily.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

how does it word then?

10. Kane

Kane Member

'feature' is ok too.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

ok, ty for english lesson

12. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

how is this a bug? every weapon with a splash can damage you if you are too close to the explosion; I don't see why bio ml would get some sort of special exception to that rule.

13. Empty

Empty Member

But BioML is in regen.
    Regen is weak to Bio
    Hitting yourself with bio basically kills 50% or more of your armor.
    90% of tank combat is melee range.

Are you seeing an issue yet? I certainly am.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

looks like "works like intended" to me too ...

but why im writing here - i dont matter anyway :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  15. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

None of this matters. It would be illogical to assume that bio ML, a weapon with splash damage, works differently than other weapons with splash, which seems to be what you are arguing.

16. Empty

Empty Member

It doesn't need to not do splash damage to yourself, the bio damage just needs to be removed for gameplay reasons. The reason bio is never used is partly because of that bug. Especially for LT Mk IIs

17. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

is it the bio weapon or the tank armor that has changed to cause this?

It may be the new way of assigning weakness and resistance, or that new way being stacked with the old way, so instead of double damage it's doing quadruple damage.

18. QMAN

QMAN Member

armor types:
    reactive 50% bio dmg
    abso/reflective 100% bio dmg
    plate/regen 200%;

if you bio - youself when you have plate/regen armor, you will be "die";
    reactive armor resist is so much big, can ignore that bio effect, wasnt much hurt vechicle;

Bio splash is a bug? I not think so, any missiles have small splash dmg, same like cannon, so when you shot bio, you must exept small splash after impact and risk on bio you self; this is medium/close range weapon not "meele" weapon;

If you bio-self, you just a really bad driver and shouldnt never take bio;

taking dmg when under repair isnt bug; you can negate bio effect when you repair infected armor to 100%, if armor is reduced to 0 and you hull taking dmg wasnt easy to repair "alone", must do that 2 engys; if you rise you armor to 100%, tank is "cured";

Main problem of bio rocket/mg is that when you taken one hit, you cannot repair vechicles on repair pad for next 30-60 sec (mg 30 sec, rocket 60 sec); Coz script say simply tank must not take any dmg from 10 sec before he start repair od repair pad; and that is main problem in that weapons;

infantry hitted by bio missiles still taking dmg when go inside to vechicles (so we can shot to engy driver who try it repair tank, and he will be just die inside his own vechicle)

19. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

to clarify, as soon as you touch an armor plate with a calculator, it immediately negates all bio damage.

if the bio has eaten through to the hull already, it does not negate bio damage until at least one armor plate has been restored, at which point the bio damage ceases.

tanks on the repair pad will in fact repair while under the influence of bio damage, though often the bio damage is at least as fast as the repair speed.

20. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

I agree with pickled and flasche about the personal bio damage. If you are stupid enough to shoot yourself than you deserve all that that entails.

If your argument is that it is an imbalance for the bio tree then the change should be in script balancing, not in rule exceptions.

Rule Exceptions are the downfall of humanity. I hope I'm not understating that too much. Exceptions in rule engines cause shaken baby syndrome, and shaken puppy syndrome, and shaken your face syndrome, and AIDS, and Cancer, and rick-rolling, and lolcat spam, and your mom, and no u, and troll apocalypse, and Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge, and the lying about cakes, and the donut drought, and the 4 hoursmen of candy mountain, and emoti-comic-con 2012, and BANG BANG BANG, and waking-up from black-outs in brain puddles.