[2.25] Another Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by Deiform, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I wish the camera would move around more smoothly.. And its too euro.

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Not british enough.

EDIT: OH WOW you need to view that video with autogenerated closed captions :D

4. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I particularly like this trailer, I'll see about sticking it on the front page.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

Transcript: They say war brings only suffering. That is war brings people like me, and pits them against people like you. Believe me, you will suffer here. I hope we meet soon.

Also Extrems told me about frame smoothing in spec, so next one should be much smoother, as well as less ghosting problems due to frame blending. And the final thing is working on some neat title sequences for Empires so it's not the lame *explosion massive empires font* thing that we keep seeing (I hate it so much).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  6. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

Btw it's on the front page deiform, hope you don't mind ;)

7. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

8. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

Meh, no need to be a douchebag there junior. I really wouldn't say one of those was better quality than the other in any case, second one maybe had some better gameplay footage but it didn't pull you in at all. In anycase it's not a trailer for a showcase patch(like for instance airplanes would be). If the community wants to provide trailers for every patch we do we don't want to shun them, if we start useing community projects I hope people will feel more up to the challenge and begin to produce better and better works if they get attention on them.

Currently there is a giant barrier between community and dev team for content. Community feels the dev team is isolated from them and their content/ideas. We'd like to remove that wall, but you gotta do it one brick at a time.

9. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

We could all do without the insults. Everything but your needless hot air makes a good point.

10. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

You just got done insulting deiform and lorddz, I didn't feel compelled to be courteous in any way.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

Btw, prolly not a good idea to post it on the frontpage, youtube has pulled the audio for copyright reasons. Apparently it's not within fair use which I find a bit random since I can find 20 million videos using copyright audio.

Also aaaaaa50, what do you find makes my trailer crappy? Maybe I can work on it.

12. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I have no chance to make honest criticism, especially since I don't remember your trailer that well. I'm not saying that your removing your video was stupid, I mean my criticism of your video was a little less thought out than I normally aim for in my conversations. Whoops. :headshot:
    [​IMG]

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

I removed it because youtube blocked the audio. They don't like Rammstein being played. I'm uploading it elsewhere.

EDIT: Reuploaded and changed the link, has audio for a while again until they decide to take it down. Uploaded here too: http://www.vimeo.com/11293697

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010