[2.24] Test May 4 Feedback

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Drag, May 5, 2009.

1. Drag

Drag Member

A bit late, but here it goes:

Any feedback on BE med drivability?

Any new bugs, etc.?

Known:
    - Test AFV has to be removed
    - Sabotage not doing damage over time
    - Walls blowing up fast
    - ?

2. Gen. Lee Outrageous

Gen. Lee Outrageous Member

revision 1260 im able to place buildings like turrets and a rax so close to NF buildings they touch almost. not sure thats intended.

i like how the BE med handles now, much better.

3. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

I actually like that you can do that, really nice

o and can we get some info on what the .lua stuff is for? WIll there be any kind of documentation for it?

4. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

No documentation on lua as far as I know.

Are you sure there's a different in placement distance? As far as I know that wasn't changed, maybe you were mistaken? Radius around your commander vehicle has always taken precendence over radius around enemy vehicles/structures.

Mediums were a small tweak to fix, walls were my fault (:() and now fixed, sabotage I'm not sure about.

5. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I'll write something up for Lua Docs

6. communism

communism poof

First off have to agree with liking how buildings can be placed very closely to enemy buildings. It is kind of a risk vs reward system and even then is VERY stupid.

My computer has been fucked of the late so I cannot comment on the med changes, I can only hope that they don't out maneuver the NF lights anymore

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I finally got it downloaded and tried the med out earlier, it handles well, the turning is improved a lot I think? Also did you fiddle with the view? It doesn't look as odd as it used to?

I also really like the new MG sounds, all except plasma which sounds a bit low quality compared to the others.

8. Gen. Lee Outrageous

well i just loaded up .23 to see if it was any different and the overall result was that i could pretty much do exactly the same thing, except for some reason it would only let me place the rax no closer than one BE rax width away.

so i guess nothing has changed.

9. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

I noticed that the gun beams (bullet traces) start way too far back behind the infantry weapons. Its easy to c when you set a low timescale for particles via console. This is not a "bug", but somehow i always think im shot from behind when i fire my own gun... .
    In addition i noticed that the colors of the different bullet traces work only in first person view. If some other player shoots for e.g. a bio mg you can hear the bio mg sound but you will only c a white bullet trace. Im not sure if this is just not implemented yet (requires some additional data transfer ...) or its buggy.

10. Gen. Lee Outrageous

something seems to be wrong with the BE riflemans coat, it got real silvery. cyber-kun noticed this as well.

the BE car is still retardedly overpowered.

armor squad power makes dig in way more powerful than it already is (survived 5 headshots from the BE rifle 1) its very limited i know, but just letting you know

11. Drag

Drag Member

Error can not compute.

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

I have to say, dig in is retarded anyway.

13. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I nerfed Dig In some time ago, before that it was probably around 15 headshots :p

14. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

There is a minor bug on emp_district402:
    The second BE flag is not linked to the flag hanging right outside the building. Instead the third BE flags seems to give input to the status of that flag. I dont know if this is intendet, but its quit confusing if you see a RED NF flag hanging outside the second BE flag, while the flag insides still belongs to BE.