[2.24 I guess] MK2s

Discussion in 'Archive' started by communism, Mar 14, 2009.

1. communism

communism poof

I didn't get this part, they were hardly tested at all and yet being released? Im drunk as shit and some other shit, but isn't there bigger issues than releasing another variable into the equation? Haven't played it yet but I'm downloading now... I guess if I'm still awake I'll post back

2. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

You are always drunk, it's the default assumed when you post, no need to remind every time.

Also, I'm guessing the devs did it just to see how the general public would respond.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The general idea of mark 2s is good, distributed firepower is always more fun than concentrated firepower.

I played a game recently where I deliberately didn't research powerful tanks and only built mediocre (good, just not superpowered) tanks. Everyone except for one dude who complained all the time enjoyed it a lot, because everyone had meds and superlights and we had big fights all over cyclopean, placing more emphasis on the weaker vehicles you need to use in groups is a good idea.

4. Avneet

Avneet Member

I think they add more to games. So many games end without higher tanks ever even being researched. Now when a team is already overpowering another team with light/afv tanks, they can just upgrade those fast and finish the job. Plus they add more to the game and make super super lights :D

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

mkII should remove the other weapon, so LT should lose its cannon and AFV should lose its ML slot.

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Since it's released, we can talk about balance.

First of all, the MKII LT still rides along the AFv/APC/AFV MK2/Medium/Heavy, and now launches Homing/Guided/Salvo/Upg ML. This is a huge recipe for disaster, as any decent driver can kill anything in an lt. Not to mention a bio missle can kill anything under 4 plates of armor easy.

Second, homing/guided LT's are practically vehicular snipers that are faster than anything else. It's easy to simply drive around any other vehicle and keep it under fire, or snipe from long range.

Basically, until a cannon is invented that is specifically designed to hit the LT, BE is screwed.

Suggestions:

Make a different model for the MK2's. For the NF, add a missle rack to the top of the vehicle, or the side. Make the armor look a tad more buff.

For BE, make it either a small medium, or something more slimline and looking-like-1,000,000$ like the "technologically advanced" Brenodi.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I find rails or ER is ok at hitting lights, certainly the dual cannons of the heavy tank make it very easy to hit lights, so NF should hit a dead wall as soon as heavies are researched, the BE medium is low to the ground and should be able to take on lights easily enough, and as lights are about as expensive as mediums I don't think that's a bad match.

8. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It depends, an NF positions parallel(common) to a medium can kill it.
    Plus, I've had a 3phase light get stuck under a medium, so the med couldn't move. Lite just went about his firing business.

And normally the dual cannons /are/ good enough, but 3phase/reactive or gas turbine(any other engine besides bio) can usually:

A-Hit the heavy before it can react.
    B-Drive up behind or parallel
    C-Get under it.
    Besides, the fact that a LT is a threat to an heavy is a bad thing.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

A mk 2 light is almost half the price of a heavy, of course it should be a threat.

And I don't know what you're doing in tanks but nothing can 'hit me before I can react' because all tanks have plenty of armor, if something gets next to me I can, shockingly, drive somewhere else, which is more than enough to get it far enough away to shoot.

A light tank has two plates of armor, it dies easily by any substantial weapon.

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Unless he has the same/better engine and paces you all the while planting round after round in your ass or even better he pins you against something or rams your side so you can't get away. In the last two scenarios there is nothing you can do. You can't shoot him cuz your damn turret won't aim low enough... all you can do is take it in the ass and say "Thank you may I have another in 5 minutes!"(unless you have stickys)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  11. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Exactly...even in an open map, ramming an lt full-on into a heavy will cause the LT to come under the heavy.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I know of no driver who can match every turn of a heavy, and it takes only two or three shots from most guns to damage a light enough to make it back off.

And this all assumes you haven't blown it to smithereens before it gets close.

13. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

?? that just made no sense....

the LT can outplay the heavy every time with any 80% percentile driver.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Not in my experience, I've never lost a heavy to a light, for that matter I don't think I've lost a medium. I've always been able to kill them before they get close, or shortly after they get close by evasive driving.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Just drive fast along side them and slam on your handbrake.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Is this as a heavy or a light?

17. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The heavy, so you can keep the light going.

In any case, Chris, you're most likely a good tank driver. Bslap has it right by not counting individuals and going for the general public.

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I'm not particularly good, it's a heavy tank, shooting dual cannons, you don't need to be a good driver, it's like shooting skulks with an HMG in NS, you can't fail to miss.

19. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

you'd be surprised how many so-called 'non-noobs' cant out maneuver good drivers in an LT these days.