[2.23] [Feedback] Ninja

Discussion in 'Archive' started by dizzyone, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Having a preset for every possible weapon, engine, armor, and chassis combination is not practical, and even if it was it would be no faster than the current method.

Also why are you building expensive tanks and calling them good? Good tanks are ones which are cost efficient, easy to use, and can be massed.

Good tanks are regen/reactive/reflective ER cannon meds.

2. communism

communism poof

Dunno, it takes a rather stupid commander to get ninja'd
    It is lame in a sense but it stops the winning team from camping the enemy

3. Reef

Reef Member

fixed.

You are right that the better vehicle restriction system could solve some problems, but noobs wasting tanks will remain a big problem and the vehicle customization will become a myth.

Cheaper vehicles seems to be a better solution, though?

4. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

I have thought this over and I agree with you

A noob seeing that the commander has restricted vehicle acces and has to wait a long time to get a vehicle from the Com will be less likely to lose it because of having to wait a long time to get another one

5. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Buffing RPGs so a squad of grenadiers have a better (some) chance of killing upgraded armour tanks would go a long way towards giving losing teams a chance of defending and making a comeback. Often once a team has some ground and gets decent tanks rolled out it is impossible to stop them steamrolling everything you have.

6. Reef

Reef Member

BumGravy: that would require making arty and HIT worthless, also it's pretty easy to kill infantry with heavy tanks (and it's kinda natural)

I thought about better defense system that infantry could utilize. f.e. better placeable walls/obstacles (something similar to moving objects like You do in half-life, similar to sourceforts, something like that). That would enable the infantry to successfully reinforce the base against tanks.
    For example We could have panels that would need to be charged with the engineer tool and they would leak it's capacitor over time and loose it from damage, but they could be placed anywhere on any angle. That would enable to build defences anywhere, but would require substantial amounts of teamplay. (maybe not a good idea, when I think about it)

A way for infantry to quickly dispose of enemy tanks is very unintuitive. Besides, I think it should never be needed...

The "tank vs infantry fight" is a problem itself. If tanks would be cheaper, than this situation would never occur. It's not fun to fight tanks vs infantry, or infantry vs tanks, but epic tank vs tank battles are fun. So make it so everyone can afford one.

7. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

How would arty and HIT become worthless if RPGs did more damage to upgraded tanks? The reason infantry become reduntant in late game is not only because they die so quickly vs HE shells, tank MGs etc, it would still be worht fielding infantry versus tanks if they had a chance at killing them.

Playing solely gren or sticky rifleman in maps like glycen is great fun, when you are playing solely to fight tanks, but in comm maps you are quickly made redundant as soon as tanks have anything better than plain armour, or meds/arty are researched. I think it would make the infantry game as a whole a lot better if people had some chance of killing upgraded armoured tanks. Im not talking about tankbusting one-hit kill craziness, just a buff to RPG so that instead of taking say eight hits in the same side on a heavy just to get all its armour off, it takes like 5 direct hits to kill it.

At the moment there is a huge gap between how effective a grenadier is versus a light tank, and how effective it is versus a medium tank, unless the med has plain armour. Even with Upgraded RPG , meds will plow through infanty all day quite happily.

On the point about making tanks cheaper: they haea cost for a reason, if they were dirt cheap then there would be no advantage to killing enemy tanks to reduce the teams resources, and people will just mindlessly spam tanks and waste tickets if they can just respawn and buy another. It is more a map resource / server variables issue if you think this just needs to be tweaked, but the current system is in place for a lot of good reasons.

8. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Tho i'm not sure what this has to do with this thread anymore, I have suggested before that the RPG does percentile damage, ie one hit = 40% of max hp.
    Or make the RPG always destroy 1.5 plates or armour, then deal regular damage to the hull.

9. Reef

Reef Member

yes, however please look on battlefield series where there is no vehicle cost. It just takes time to spawn it and it works just as well.

I understand what You say, but I think You missed a fact that no one really wants to play Infantry when the enemy has (heavy) tanks and it's not because of the low rpg vs armor damage. It's just that people prefer to kill tanks with tanks. IMHO.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I like to play as infantry all time :) and i know some other too.
    WE EXIST :D

11. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I find infantry is generally more rewarding/fun unless there are nukes or its a huge open map.

12. communism

communism poof

Yeah gotta agree with you, infantry combat is alot funner than tank combat. However HE makes you worthless

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

He or arty is like the "boring mode" button

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Word. Nothing like playing gren/rifle on slaughtered in the s bend raping everything.

15. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

Man I have been noticing in Scrim or clan vs clan games end really fast because of ninjas , it's getting really annoying.

16. Porthos

Porthos Member

Ninjas and rushing. Why can't we put a timer on the VF to prevent rushes? Not any more than like 10-15 seconds, just something to prevent early game rushing.

It's frustrating that such simple things could be done to end early game rushes and ninjas yet they aren't done.

17. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Ninja raxes maybe..........

The problem is there isn't really that huge of advantage being the defending team in an area. If the enemy has 1-2 more people or takes you even somewhat by surprise its not difficult for them to build a barracks/whatnot.

18. Reef

Reef Member

barracks will cost 400 or so from 2.23, so ninja-rax will not be as good as it is now :)

19. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Cost isn't the real issue its building it in enemy bases so easily. I would usually build at least 2 anyways as a wall. 800 is like 1 tank mid game not a huge investment.

20. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Instead of making barracks cost more, or any other alternative,
    Why not just increase the range that prevents you from building it because of enemy inf/vehicles/buildings. I don't know the exact term for that range, but if you made it large enough, it would make barracks a "behind the lines" building, and increase the usefulness of apc spawns.