[2.2] RC2 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kylegar, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Since my Uni connection took a dump on me, I wasn't able to make this thread.

Post your feedback and bugs here.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Will I get shot if I say Pistol2?

3. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Only things I noticed are that the handbrakes still don't work (and they don't work if I bind them to space. It always says "unknown command: +emp_handbrake") and that the scuntrifle is STILL not gone (some say it is going to be improved, but I say the best improvement for it would be COMPLETE REMOVAL.).

4. Empty

Empty Member

For the scout rifle, can we just make it shoot buckshot now? We don't need a new model yet.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

A way to prevent horn spam plz

6. Razorbud

Razorbud Coder

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=6911

7. Razorbud

Razorbud Coder

They're already limited to once every 3 seconds, the novelty will wear off after a bit and the spam will end

8. Silk

Silk Mapper

Ahaha, after testing with drag yesterday or the day before, i dreamed about the scout rifle. I kept using it unzoomed killing people from a mile thinking 'shit this is much too overpowered' and being concerned it wouldn't get fixed. Sort of a nightmare for some reason.

The scout rifle i tested with drag actually wasn't that bad. I was concerned at first, but a lot less after we tested some more.

I'm not sure if it has changed since then though.

If they haven't changed Drag should know my opinion about the weapons. I hope so cause i forgot. Except pistol2. I remember that one very well.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  9. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

If the scoutrifle is going to stay, at least make it suck unzoomed and even more sucky if you are very close. Otherwise it will be the way it was in 1.07 where scouts came around the corner and instagibbed you.
    However, the BEAR-burstfire is fixed now. What I also noticed is that the plasma cannon is actually the best 2-slot cannon as it has the best ROF, less heat than the HE-cannon and also overheats your target. You should really decrease the ROF for it.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

So how bout dem macheen pistuls, how wur dey

11. Silk

Silk Mapper

The machine pistol i tested with drag, was ... well i really hope it was a joke. I had no trouble with killing drag and valiant over and over again with that weapon, no matter what they threw at me.

I'm gonna go update to the latest version now, in case something did change in the meanwhile.

12. Beerdude26

Yeah, if you didn't play in the playtest, you can't really make a judgement about it because it was changed

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It was the biggest joke I have ever seen. I dont see why you don't just give the grenadier a nuke that explodes the entire map killing all infantry if you want to give him that, its ridiculously overpowered in comparison with the buckshot.

14. Beerdude26

Ah, so the idea works well. Lovely.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Naw, Beerdude, it really is overpowered in the extreme. Anyone who has half a jar of sense can just use it to get 3 perfect shots on an enemy in the space of half a heartbeat, and then repeat until they're dead. At long range. Burst would be preferable, or something else. But at the moment, the machine pistol just means you're getting incredibly accurate long range fast fire, on a class that shouldn't be able to dominate in infantry to infantry combat.

Something else that didn't make a lot of sense was the immense amount of ammo you could carry for it - making it have no drawbacks whatsoever. It seriously is like giving an assault rifle to the gren.

16. Beerdude26

Noted, sniping will be made impossible with it, leaving only close range combat an option. I've also toned down its speed a bit. It won't be in 2.2., don't worry, it's just an interesting way of making the grenadier stronger against infantry if his mortar is toned down somewhat.

Oh BTW, how were the other weapons?

17. Drag

Drag Member

Silk and me tested the PLAYTEST scripts before the playtest. So his observations have some value.

The BE 2 Pistol is rather strong. In the version before it was the weakest thing, then beerdude improved certain values in its weapon scripts by a factor of 5? and now its uber. No surprise here.

Also the changes in the scout rifle make it veeeery useful. I'd play scout just to have its range capability. Beerdude probably intended to make it suck at "long range" due to damage falloff.

Still 2-3 shots kill enemies at "long range" (36-37 dmg tested) Long range for me is the netvisdistance range. I tried it on territory this way and a clip meant a kill with a bit of luck. Just never use the scope.

On medium range (range where smg2 is bad) its priceless, only to be beaten by NF HR and prone BEHR (wtf!!!)

BEAR sucks bad on medium to long range. The burst fire guarantees you that 2-3 of your 3 shots miss most of the time. It can't beat the scout, nevaaaaar.

On short range you have a good chance of beating 2-3 people before going down.

On very short range you are usually dead, got to jump around and hope for a headshot.

18. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I was able to use the BEAR quite efectively. Tho the accuract of the NFHR proved to remain dominent. The BEAR will need slightly more ammo If its going to compeate.

The BEHR needs to have the "climing" effect removed. Makes it difficult to use.

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think the whole "NFAR IS GOD WEAPON" in 2.12 has made you go over the top on nerfing it a bit. The RoF is good, but it just needs that extra bit of power, so possibly increase it by say 10-25%?

20. Beerdude26

I'm sorry, but the NF AR and BE HR have the same Damage Per Second, and the BE HR fires slower and has more accuracy loss (but it has more bullets). The only possible problem I can see is that the NF AR has no more bullets to fire when the BE HR still does, but the NF AR has a tighter spread than the BE HR in all stances, resulting in better accuracy. I think the NF AR requires the player to have a bit more experience than the BE HR (although an experienced BE HR user will use burst-fire very effectively aswell).